Mojave Bluetooth connectivity issues

ken reece

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
High Ridge, MO
I have been having constant problems with my Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard disconnecting from Bluetooth since upgrading to Mojave. I have tried all the recommended fixes posted online. I have a 2018 MBP 13". Anyone having similar problems and found a fix that actually works?

ken reece

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2018
High Ridge, MO
I have been having constant problems with my Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard disconnecting from Bluetooth since upgrading to Mojave. I have tried all the recommended fixes posted online. I have a 2018 MBP 13". Anyone having similar problems and found a fix that actually works?
Am I the only one seeing this issue?

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Having the same issue with the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse, mostly the keyboard that is misbehaving like this.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Aussie in Japan
In Mojave I play a very long iTunes song list and then turn the audio volume down to zero - this keeps the Bluetooth connection going.

Apparently if no audio is being used. . the BT connection drops but sometimes ( in Hi Sierra at least ) if I start iTunes after a BT dropped connection .. BT re-connects.

iTunes may object saying " Volume is at zero - just hit the "Don't show this message again".

PS : I use a Bluetooth 4.1 USB dongle. Works great up to 10 metres :)

Last edited:

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Evening! It is generally in closed lid mode and attached to an LG 4k USB-C Display.

Only the keyboard and mouse, again mostly the keyboard, have the disconnect issue. It's not just a disconnect either, I actually have to re-pair it. iPhone, when tethering, speaker(s), and other bluetooth devices no issues. Just this.

Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Keyboard, Aluratek Folding Bluetooth Keyboard, and now the Designer Keyboard.

Has me a bit perplexed.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I don't have any Bluetooth issues with the mouse, trackpad or keyboard... but the connection between my brand new 15" MBP, brand new Beats Studio 3 headphones and 1-year-old AirPods is garbage.

Both headphones work perfectly with my iPhone and iPad, but when used with the Mac I get constant connection drops while watching movies on Netflix, random hickups while listening to music via iTunes, or a complete lack of ability for the Mac to recognize that I've even turned on the headphones (they just don't connect) without me fiddling with the Bluetooth settings.

I don't recall having any issues in the past, so I guess it could be Mojave

caincha

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
I've got the exact same issue with my trackpad.
Have been running Mavericks for years without an issue and now decided to upgrade to Mojave and the trackpad keeps dropping the connection all the time for no apparent reason… This is sooo frustrating…

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 3.03.45 PM.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.