Mojave on MacBook Pro 2018 with Bootcamp

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by pasadena, Sep 25, 2018.

1. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Hello!

Is anyone running Mojave on a MacBook Pro 2018 with Bootcamp (Win 10)? I just want to make sure it will still work after I upgrade, as my Windows partition is very important.

Any issue, glitch or anything I should do before upgrading (apart from backing up both partitions) ?

Thanks!

2. haralds macrumors 6502a

haralds

3. sebulban macrumors member

Did you install win after upgrading to Mojave or was it already there with High Sierra?

I’m getting my 2018 MBP next week and I wonder should I first upgrade to Mojave or install win via boot camp before the upgrade (assuming my mbp will come with high Sierra)

4. pasadena thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasadena

So I did the upgrade on my iMac (mid-2017) and everything works fine. I will do the MBP today.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2018 ---
    I would upgrade first. Only because it seems "cleaner" to me to get the latest version of everything before you install Windows. Your MBP might very well come with Mojave, btw.

5. Jcwalker200 macrumors newbie

I upgraded my MBP 2017 today and booted into windows for a work app that doesn’t run on Mac OS. I tried to boot back up into Mac OS and it says it can’t find a bootable OS drive. I’m so pissed...so I guess wait to upgrade before you install windows on boot camp. Now to research an answer to my problem...

6. pasadena thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasadena

If your issue is inside Windows (using the bootcamp menu), it's usually due to the new filesystem - were you using High Sierra before?

The "Restart to MacOS" functionality in Windows does not work anymore (since High Sierra came out IIRC). You need to shut down or restart the computer and the hold left option key at boot until it displays the bootcamp menu - and choose your OS.

7. Jcwalker200 macrumors newbie

Thanks!
    I tried it and it worked.

8. pasadena thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasadena

:)