Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muyfa666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
Sweden
Even many of my native Mac apps fail to run in Catalina. Is it possible at all to run Mojave on a MBP13 (2020)?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
That machine shipped with Catalina so it's very unlikely that you could downgrade it to Mojave. Mojave would not support the new hardware.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
You won't be able to install Mojave (the machine won't be on the list of machines that Mojave will install to). You may be able to boot a Mojave clone if Mojave contains the drivers needed for the hardware in your machine. For example, my 2012 Mac Pro won't install Snow Leopard but it will run a Snow Leopard clone. The T2/Secure Enclave stuff could potentially brick things with updates...I would be very nervous to try this and would definitely turn the security to the lowest levels and allow USB booting.

Muyfa666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
Sweden
You would have to run it in a VM. I think this is the only way if you have to run older apps.
I do have Windows 10 running in Boot Camp, so this will fix most of the old apps and games, and Porting Kit and Crossover makes great progress, so I'll make do, but it would be nice to have the native 32-bit support back. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.