Mojave phased release?

carbontune

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2018
United Kingdom
I looked for a software update this morning (UK time) but there are no updates available. Is Mojave a phased release so that it'll be available at some point over the next few days? Computer is a 2017 iMac so should be fine for Mojave.

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom

carbontune

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2018
United Kingdom

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
Dark view is not that great, and most of my apps are not adjusted for it [yet]. The Mac App Store is HIDEOUS! See my forum post... In general, I think it might be best to wait out a few releases before jumping from HS. I normally do that, but figured given Apple's attention to under the hood stability fixes things would be OK.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't experienced any show stoppers.

However, I haven't delved any deeper than a few apps. And given the Mac App Store abortion, I suspect there may be a few other things waiting to be found.

carbontune

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2018
United Kingdom
I went ahead with the update and it took quite a long time, so I figure it must have been a pretty substantial update. I haven't experienced any issues after the update. I'm trying out the dark dynamic theme background now. A little but annoyed at 'News' appearing in my Dock. So far only the built-in macOS apps adapt to the dark them but I guess that the third-party ones will adapt in future updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.