Mojave Weather widget no internet connectivity

David085

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Anyone else experiencing the same Issue with weather widget not loading at all with Mojave or High Sierra Any fix for it?

Fishrrman

macrumors Core
Feb 20, 2009
The dashboard is "going away" in Catalina -- Apple has deleted it.

For that reason, some of the "connections" [to internet sources of data] that existing dashboard widgets use (including the weather widget) are now broken and they won't be coming back, either.

My advice:
Start looking for something else.
There is a standalone app named "Weather Widget" that does everything the old dashboard widget did... and more.

Something to be aware of:
There IS a 3rd-party app called "Amnesty" that is geared towards "reviving" the Dashboard in Catalina. Read more here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/dashboard-in-catalina.2183935/page-2#post-27555518

But... that still may not "fix" the "broken connections" that make -some- widgets functional (like the old weather widget)...

bogdanw

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Anyone else experiencing the same Issue with weather widget not loading at all with Mojave or High Sierra Any fix for it?
in Mojave, the Weather widget works fine in the Notification Center.

Nedstah

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2018
North Carolina
There's a couple of threads here that discuss replacing the Weather Widget parser file parser file in the System Library with the same file from older MacOS - the file uses Accuweather server rather than Yahoo. I had to do this a second time today when updating to the latest version of Mojave. The widget didn't connect immediately so I logged out and back in and it connected. Make sure WiFi is on before logging out.

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Aussie in Japan
kkono's weather widget works perfectly here . .. saved the original and installed KKono's " Mojave Weather Widget "

Download " Mojave Weather Widget from the bottom of # Post 63 here . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.