Mojave's iTunes

nollimac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I am on Mojave 10.14.1, and I cannot connect to iTunes Store nor to the Internet radio...had anyone one else experiencing this issue? I can get Apple radio, music, video as if iTunes is connected to the Internet except what I stated above...what's up with that?

TrenttonY

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2012
I am on Mojave 10.14.1, and I cannot connect to iTunes Store nor to the Internet radio...had anyone one else experiencing this issue? I can get Apple radio, music, video as if iTunes is connected to the Internet except what I stated above...what's up with that?
Do you get an error message?
Does it just continuously load?

nollimac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Thank you TrenttonY for responding...no error messages and just says contacting iTunes services...I suspect firewall issues and wish I knew the IP address and port iTunes use for Internet radio. I had gotten the store resolved as that one is on Apple's 17.x.x.x addresses.

nollimac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Apparently, this "contacting tuning services" and "An error occurred while contacting the radio tuning service...Check your Internet connection, or try again later" are not new to iTunes. There several instances posted on Apple forum going back to 2012.

Never cared for iTunes except to listen to the Internet radio...why can't Apple either fix this or get rid the worthlessness!
[doublepost=1542215031][/doublepost]
TrenttonY...yes, I didn't get the error message until I closed iTunes (had been playing music from an iPod and didn't noticed it was continuously trying to connect). I will also add resetting cache doesn't work.

Last edited:

TrenttonY

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2012
Apparently, this "contacting tuning services" and "An error occurred while contacting the radio tuning service...Check your Internet connection, or try again later" are not new to iTunes. There several instances posted on Apple forum going back to 2012.

Never cared for iTunes except to listen to the Internet radio...why can't Apple either fix this or get rid the worthlessness!
[doublepost=1542215031][/doublepost]

TrenttonY...yes, I didn't get the error message until I closed iTunes (had been playing music from an iPod and didn't noticed it was continuously trying to connect). I will also add resetting cache doesn't work.
Sorry I forgot to respond, networking issues are not my strong suite. I remember I had a similar issue when I was using Windows XP years ago, I remember that in iTunes one of the drop down menus gave a option to do a ''network test''. I'm not at my Mac right now to see if its still available.

Have you've tried unplugging your modem and router for a few minutes, and then restarting your Mac?

nollimac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Just by chance, I asked Siri to open iTunes Internet radio and she responded "Internet radio is not supported in your region." What the hell...I am in the U.S!

TrenttonY

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2012
Just by chance, I asked Siri to open iTunes Internet radio and she responded "Internet radio is not supported in your region." What the hell...I am in the U.S!
Just in case to see if it's something with you wifi router thinking you're somewhere else in the world.
Google "Whats my IP address location"?
And select one of the websites.

As for iTunes Internet Radio, not to damper your usage. But that isn't really used by anyone, so when iTunes is finally broken up in a redesign, I can almost certainly bet it will get the axe.

Have you tried using another radio service. I use iHeartRadio (they have Mac app), you can obviously listen to radio stations you'll find in your car, but they also have commercial-free stations.