Mom banned from school after threatening daughter's alleged bullies,

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 17, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.foxla.com/news/mom-banne...leged-bullies-vows-to-fight-adult-relatives#/

She might have made things worse for her kid

2. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

I posted this before but maybe someone was watching too much True Detective.

Warning NSFW

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Eesh, I get that she's defending her child, but this is not the adult way to handle the situation and teaches her kid several bad lessons.

4. laptech macrumors 6502

laptech

When schools are too incompetent to act, parents need to step in to safe guard their children.

Was what the mother did extreme or over the top?, probably, but he child has been persistently bullied. If the school had acted then the bullying would have stopped. The fact the little girl was still getting bullied showed the school is too incompetent to deal with the issue, so the mother took matters into her own hands, as many parents would when the need to protect their child arises.

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Some schools suck at taking action no doubt, but what constitutes "bullying" today would simply be getting made fun of when I was in school (surely no one was killing themselves because of it). I may be off base, but I come from the generation where we kept score and the team that went 0-12 in baseball didn't get the same size trophy as the team that went 10-2.

I'm from the generation of kids who remember getting branded by these MF'ers on a 90deg day when you got in your parents car.

[​IMG]

6. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

No doubt. I’d move that kid to another school with a quickness. But if this is making the news then it will have to probably be in another country or possibly planet.

7. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I worry about kids when they get out of school and encounter the workplace and real life.

I don't agree with bullying of any type but not all life lessons are enjoyable.

8. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

When they go into the workforce they will just be dealing with each other. So an 8 hour workday will consist of 7 hours of HR presentations on equality, feelings, and fairness and 1 hour of actual work.

9. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68040

Ulenspiegel

I agree with you fully.
    Nevertheless, I took two roads. First, I stepped in, then brought my son to our Dojo. I stepped out. 3 months later the bullies got a hard lesson from my son.

10. Mousse, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Adults shouldn't partake in the games of children. Let the kid handle the bullying herself, you support from behind the scene.
    My kid got suspended 3 days for beating the crap out of a bully. The bully cowers away from my boy now, like a whipped dog. He went through all the steps I taught him: defuse (remove cause for being bullied), de-escalate (trying to reason with the bully), tell the teacher (It usually ends here.), ultimatum ("I stands all I can, I can't stands no more") Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now. Nothing worked, so... cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. *cue Ride of the Valkyrie* INSANITY LATER!o_O

Much anger in him, like his father.
    :oops: I took the boy out for a three day "vacation" as a reward. He didn't cut corners, he didn't back down. He knew I had his back so he didn't have to fear repercussions from me for putting a bully in his place; I would have tanned his hide if he had skipped a step.:mad: I'm glad he learned restrain and self control from his karate training. This was the main reason I paid for lessons; the self defense part is just gravy.

11. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Good for the mom. Tired of schools not giving a damn.

12. Zenithal macrumors 604

That's because most bullies are wimps. They might be big and fat or whatever, but they can't fight worth a damn. One punch and they're on their ass knocked out for a few minutes.

Is it ever a wonder that bullies you knew as a kid turned out to be drug dealers or end up dead before they were 30? It's how life is. They were weak from the start and good riddance to society that they're gone.

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I can respect a mom going in and standing up for her daughter, but let’s be honest swearing and threatening a classroom full of kids and their families is not going to go over well with administrators, teachers, or other parents. That wouldn’t have flown when I was in elementary school in the 90’s, prior to any of that anti-bullying legislation.

14. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I think he sent a clear message to both of them :p

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Not the most intelligent mother despite having her child’s best interests at heart. That’s just poor parenting though and has likely made the situation worse.