Mom hit 7-year-old son for being a bad 'lookout' while grandma shoplifted at Walmart

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Apr 24, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pol...out-grandma-shoplifted-walmart-120900407.html
    HOPE the kid is placed in a better home.:mad::mad::mad:

2. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

This type of story really makes me sad.

Hopefully the 7 year old gets set up with a nice family.

3. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

She should also be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Physical abuse is often passed on from generation to generation. I’ll bet the shoplifting granny is a piece of work herself. Obviously, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

Unfortunately the boy will probably end up back with his mom; maybe another family member would be able to take custody, but his mom would have to agree. That poor kid is probably going to have a tough life, given the environment he’s been in. Tough hand to be dealt. Hopefully his situation will improve.

4. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Ma Barker showed us that a family that commits crime together stays together.

The kid should be put in foster care. He got beaten like a rented mule for being a poor look out. I shudder to think what Mom would do to the lad for snitching on matriarch of the crime family, Grandma.

5. PickUrPoison macrumors 68040

Agreed. Unfortunately it would only be temporary, since this isn’t something she would lose custody over. I think the kid’s best bet is another family member that could convince the mom to let them take custody. Sometimes with a dysfunctional mom, that family member would be the grandmother; that’s obviously not an option in this case. Maybe on the father’s side?

6. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Sounds like a legit crime family…. it reminds me of the Barrow Gang (aka Bonnie & Clyde etc), and the Ma Barker Gang, where several family members were accomplices.