iPhone Monetal. The Expense tracker I develop 6 years.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kruil, Nov 16, 2018.

1. kruil, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

kruil macrumors newbie

kruil

[​IMG]
    Monetal - The Expense Tracker. Offering a clean and intuitive interface, the application makes it super easy and fun for you to track expenses.

Monetal allows you to create several accounts for cash, credit cards, electronic money, and then log income and expenses for each account via plus and minus icons on the main screen. The process is very fast. When you’re about to pay for gasoline, for example, quickly open Monetal on the phone, click minus, type in the amount, select a tag from the list of commonly used categories, and you’ll be done before you get your change back.

Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 16.58.492.png

Why Monetal?

• Instant loading
    • Add transaction with 3 clicks
    • Considers the costs and revenues
    • Debts and loans
    • Detailed payment history
    • Sync between devices
    • It's charged with positive energy
    • Attracts wealth
    • No ads. Absolutely!
    Monetal supports three main platforms, takes 25Mb, free from ads and doesn't required any account or registration. It works fine in offline mode and contains all your data, which will be about 500Kb for 5 years. Thought-out to the smallest detail and having settings for every occasion, Monetal is ready to become your reliable assistant.

From author
    "Hello, my name is Ilya, I'm developer of Monetal. Since I have got my first Lumia from Nokia in 2012, I was looking for a good finance manager. Monetal is my vision of the personal finance application. It uses "tap-tap-tap" technology, which provide very fast way to add new transactions. I am using it almost 6 years and now it contains about 9500+ my transactions. I hope that you will like it."

Please feel free to ask any questions or suggest improvements in this thread. Thank you.

How to do a transfer between accounts?
    Transfer transaction could be done like any other transaction. After entering amount click button in the bottom menu and switch to transfer tags. Choose account and here you are.
    How to add comment or note to transaction?
    Hold the tag while create a transaction and enter note. You can also hold an existing transaction, and choose Add note in the context menu.
    How can I open year report?
    Open Expenses tab which contains current moth report. Use left arrow in the bottom to switch month, use right arrow to see Year and Total reports. Tap month panel at top to open calendar view.
    App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monetal/id1302304930
    Documentation: https://mymonetal.com/help_en.php
    Home page: www.myMonetal.com
    Support: support@mymonetal.com
    Author: Ilya Krupko

2. kruil, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018

kruil thread starter macrumors newbie

kruil

Hello, new version 1.12 is coming and already available in testFlight channel. I changed dark theme and also fixed several disappointing bugs. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    ps. If you like to join beta testers just pm me your email and i will add you to beta testers. Thank you.

3. kruil thread starter macrumors newbie

kruil

Hello guys! New version of Monetal 1.12 is available in the App Store :p
    What's new?
    • New dark theme colors
    • Use command olddarktheme to switch to previous dark theme
    • New design for category tags
    • Current wallet is highlighted in wallets list
    • Bug. Selected wallet blinked on app launch
    • Bug. Currency rates is updated after app installation.

4. kruil thread starter macrumors newbie

kruil

Hi guys!
    New Year is coming and it's time for a Sale! Next 3 days 27, 28, 29 of December you can buy Premium Forever with 50% discount .
    ps. Just open Monetal - Settings - Password and you are on Purchase screen. happyNewYear.png

5. kruil, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

kruil

Hello guys!
    Holidays just ended and it's time to continue... New version of Monetal 1.16 is already available in AppStore. What's new?
    • Wallets editing
    • Currency rates are sorted alphabetically
    • Bug. Fixed error in sync process
    • Bug. Negative account is displayed in right way
    • Bug. Currency rates corresponds selected wallet
    • Bug. Right rate in transfer transactions.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

$12.00 for a lifetime membership?

I don't see how this app even rates a membership. I paid $2.99 for the premium version of Account Tracker by Graham Haley even though the free version was just as functional because of the continued support over the 7+ years I've been using it.

Another suggestion: allow reordering of accounts rather than auto-sorting alphabetically. This is something that has bothered me over the years with a lot of other applications.

Good luck!

7. kruil, Jan 18, 2019 at 12:08 AM
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 12:14 AM

kruil

Hello, yes, for a lifetime membership. But you can wait until end of january there will be a sale with 50% off, i will post an update here.

I am using Monetal about 6 years since end of 2012, and I want to tell you that it's really cool to have all this data (~750kB now including notes) in an instant. I don't have any plans to cancel or stop development, it's a hobby, not a primary job. Also my wife and some other friends uses Monetal so I can't just drop everything =)

Yes, you are right about reordering, i definitely do it in future, but so far I need to implement more general things like recurring transactions, budgets and etc. Now if you have more than 3 accounts you can group them in wallets, just hold Total in main view and follow instructions. Truly I have an article about wallets but its in russian, I will translate it in a few days.

ps. I plan to write a converters from different apps so if you like i can take a look to yours, because i understand that nobody wants to drop 7 years of finance history.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

The one I use has everything I need and a lot I don't use, including budgets and recurring transactions, so I can't really see myself spending money (especially a subscription) to switch to something else that has fewer features.

The reason I commented was more to share my thoughts on you charging a subscription rather than a one-time purchase price (or even offering a free version) for something that isn't quite fully baked just yet.

I appreciate your dedication/enthusiasm though!

9. kruil thread starter macrumors newbie

kruil

Oh, yes, I got you. But subscriptions are just an option along with one time payment, and also many people uses free version even without knowledge that its limited somehow. Monetal doesn't ask user to buy premium or demonstrate app status until you are trying to enable some paid feature, and it also doesn't have any ads.

For me subscription gives an opportunity to pay for particular benefit. I even would like to see subscriptions for home stuff and tech products, becauses in this case marketing not so important compared to product quality and usage experience.

This price is also about supporting project for those who see its potential and wants project to grow.
    Anyway thank you for sharing your thoughts!