Money for the Messiah

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by doctor pangloss, Oct 7, 2008.

1. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

Looks like the republican slime machine is getting warmed up.

why would it be illegal?
    Can't they leave the Messiah be?:confused:

McCain is a crusty old liar, Palin is a provincial nincompoop!;)

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

3. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Don't be ridiculous. If Obama's doing something with questionable legality (and I'm not saying he is) then he should be called out for it.

And please stop with the nonsense about Obama being the Messiah, he's just a politician. He's clearly a highly intelligent person, and also (I feel) inherently good, but a politician nonetheless.

EDIT: Btw if Newsmax is a totally biased rag making unsubstantiated claims then it should be ignored of course. If there's truth in the article though, it should be followed up.

4. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

It's quite enjoyable to observe the mounting desperation of Palin and McCain.

The Hockey Mom and the Hick Mummy are so muddy from all their slinging, you'd almost think they've put on blackface make-up in a last ditch effort to appeal to Obama voters.

5. doctor pangloss thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I didn't realize he's no longer the chosen one.
    from Chicago
    President of Harvard Law Review
    Community organizing is good(ACORN)
    Chicago Politician:D

6. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

"Secret, foreign money?" No, probably just small, american donors who don't want their names released and then targeted by ads.

7. RacerX macrumors 65832

I guess you've proven that you're not up to debating issues... honestly, if you can't support McCain without this type of tactic, you might want to support him with your silence. The only thing that calling the candidates names accomplishes is polarizing people even more and making yourself look bad.

Support McCain by not letting us know you support McCain! :D

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If there's foreign money involved, it should be returned.

But domestically, they are not required to report the names of those who contribute under $200. Obama has raised tons of money from people like that. People like...well, me.

This is just another desperation play. They are throwing tons of **** at the wall to see if anything sticks.

9. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

What are you suggesting?

Most likely donations from ex-patriots in Thailand...

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

[​IMG]

They don't make nails long enough for that coffin, should one of them do a "Jolson".

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He never was, especially not here, but nice try at the strawman.

Once again, nice try, but not entirely correct.

You guys are really getting desperate.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

You already can't be taken seriously because of your thread title. The only people who believe in a "messiah" are deluded middle american "Christians", not level-headed people who can find a way to back a flawed, but at least sensible candidate for President.

You want to be taken seriously in these forums? Stop using ridiculous neocon talking points and try for a little bit of substance.

13. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

You make a good point. I've never seen one Obama supporter on these forums (or in real life) talk about Obama as a "messiah" or call him anything like that. The only people that think he is a "messiah" are the right-wingers upset with his huge lead in the polls.

14. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

IMHO that is the dumbest thread title in a long time.

But that is just my opinion.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- oh, notice our OP posted and ran. :rolleyes:

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Various hymns dedicated to our savior, Barack Obama.
    American Prayer - Dave Stewart (Barack Obama Music Video)
    We are the Ones (Barack Obama song)
    Yes We Can - Barack Obama Music Video
    All starring various devout celebrities. :)

Even the blessed children sing to him.
    Obama Kids
    (just A LITTLE creepy)

Artwork dedicated to his highness
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even Obama's half eaten waffle is considered holy...
    [​IMG]

Gee, I really have no idea where the whole "messiah" thing got started for Obama. It is strange that none of these hymns or artwork was made by those "right-wingers" everybody's been talking about.

I consider myself an Obagnostic. Barack Obama may be there but he is unknowable... *stares to the horizon*

This is hilarious. The Revelation of Obama. As read by Gerard Baker, the Times of London. Quite fascinating and quite funny.

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I don't know if you've watch the Will.I.Am video, but I wouldn't call it a "hymn." :rolleyes:

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please! You find a few things and it's evidence of what EVERYONE thinks? Your sarcasm isn't helping your case. You know damn well that this is a huge right-wing talking point that is largely false of people who plan to vote for Obama. A lot of us are holding our noses, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here watch McCain/Palin walk into the White House.

19. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yep. One can easily extrapolate from a few examples to an entire group. Some tagger writes "Obama is God" on some random wall (who knows if that's a p-shop job or not), and suddenly liberals everywhere think he's literally the messiah. A couple of Muslims fly planes into a building, and Islam is a terrorist religion. A few people who love the planet a little too much torch some SUVs or some McMansions, and suddenly all environmentalists are suspect. A few journalists vote Democratic, and the media is all liberal all the time.

But for some reason, when a few Christians kill some people it's just a few bad apples, and not reflective at all on the overall Christian populace. Funny, that. :p

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I won't concede that this is a "huge right-wing talking point". My post was trying illustrate why this nickname came about. Its not just a few things either... hereis blog about it. I certainly don't think all democrats think this way, but you would do well to at least acknowledge the phenomenon. Passing it off as just republican smear ignores the reality of the situation. Its a cultural thing and nothing to get upset about, unless it is the religious connotation that makes people uncomfortable. As if even having a superficial connection to religion is completely unacceptable.

You may call yourself an Obatheist.

People ignore the fundamental message of Change when you continue to see things through partisan glasses.

Also, leek, you are missing the sheer comedy value in this. Look again at the PAINTING of the half eaten waffle. That's wild!

For now, I'll remain an Obagnostic.

[​IMG]

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you go any other forums, almost all the right-wingers use the term "Messiah" to refer to Obama. That's my overwhelming experience. It happens in here a bit too.

And yes, there's definitely some funny stuff there. ;)