Money saving apps on iPhone. how useful are they really?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skiltrip, Jul 29, 2010.

1. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I'm wondering how money saving apps are on the iPhone. Are they really useful? I'm talking about stuff like Coupon Sherpa, Yowza, That Redlight price scanning app, stuff like that. And if you know of any other ones, please mention them. I'm looking to possibly save a little money using my new iPhone that's coming. Hopefully to help convince the wife that getting this iPhone is a useful propostion. lol.

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Well if you have to pay for the app your not saving money. Just go to retailmenot.com if you want coupons.

3. skiltrip thread starter macrumors 68030

Most of the coupon apps are free, like Coupon Sherpa for example. I know retailmenot. I'm asking about the iPhone coupon apps. Thanks.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well, for what is worth I actually find myself using the redlight app quite often and I gotten some pretty good deals with it. I also use mint.app to manage my finances, it keeps me connected with all my account all the time, and its totally free.

hope it help.

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I found the Red Laser app helpful for a short time, then they were forced by Amazon to removed Amazon from their listings, had a clunky work-around for that, and I just stopped using it. Now I just use Amazon's app if I want to see if they have the lowest price. If they don't, it's doubtful anyone else has a price much lower than wherever I'm at.

I do also like Mint. I find their site much more useful than the app, but it's handy if you need a quick overview of your current finances.

6. ddavid macrumors regular

Is that why Red Laser became a free, ad supported app after I bought it? Amazon doesn't like people using their site. The same thing happened to Delicious Library App for iPhone.

7. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

I used red laser two weeks ago to buy an air conditioner from northern tool. I was just playing around with it and I found that they had that very model on sale on their website but it wasn't advertised in the store. I showed them their website and it ended up saving me $80!

8. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I have saved $20 in locating cheaper prices for stuff I am looking for in last week.
    I know I saved more over the months.

I guess you saw this posting?

Paying $0.99 to (or how to) save $10 is a WIN right there.