Monitor Issues: LG 34WK95U-W w/ 16" Macbook Pro

phas3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
I just recently got a 34WK95U-W well the business version of it which is the LG 34BK95U-W. I have it running through a CalDigit TS3 Plus and I've had a couple issues with it.

Firstly, have it connected to the CalDigit sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work I just have a black screen. A solution I found is that I have to bypass my dock altogether but it has to be on separate thunderbolt 3 sides of the Macbook(one side has the dock connected the other side is the monitor). I can't have both thunderbolt 3 cables on one side or the problem persist.

Anyone else have a similar issue and has a fix?

tommiy

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2015
I have an elgato rather than a caldigit. I did see this problem earlier in mojave but, a work around, like so many other apple issues, was to disconnect and reconnect and eventually it may start up. I'm still on 10.15.1 because of all the subsequent issues in releases that impact my workflow more. What version of macos are you using? I have 4 outstanding items with apple on catalina and external monitors but I have not seen this issue. You don;t have other kernel extensions loaded that may be causing the issue?? (kextstat|grep -v apple). And I have a LG 27uk850.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.