Monitor shopping to go with a new 27 inch iMac...suggestions?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by scapegoat78, Mar 2, 2014.

1. scapegoat78 macrumors newbie

Hi all--

I am a professional graphic designer of about 15 years, and I am going to be upgrading my hardware soon. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to get a fully loaded (getting my RAM aftermarket of course) 27 inch iMac. I handle graphics, NOT video of any kind, so it seems like a good fit. I already have a Cintiq display for my tablet needs, but I'm considering an additional 27 inch display, as I work with three monitors now and am pretty accustomed to it.

Any suggestions as to what I should be looking at? I know to avoid edge-lit and LED displays for the most part. I need links, I'm shopping soon. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

2. Truthfulie macrumors regular

If you are doing any serious design works that requires very precise color matching, please do consider the fact that current generation of iMacs are having very large number of units with 'yellow tint' issue. With that said, you should look at something like Dell U2713H.

3. scapegoat78 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have heard that, and I might either hold off till the next revision (which I know might be a bit) or just keep sending it back until I get a solid one. Thanks for the info, I will check that out.