Monitoring…

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by eyoungren, Dec 26, 2015.

1. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Did some thinking today. Thought it might be cool to use my iPhone 5 as an LCD screen for my G4, but the issue is…for what?

Well, iStat Server came to mind and it seems that even since Bjango has removed iStat from the App Store I did download it once…Dock Dodger has removed iStat Server from my App Switcher and the Dock.

So I looked in my purchases and there it was.

Screenshot is from my iPhone 6s+ but I'll be figuring out how I'm going to work this with my 5 soon.

Looks like a pretty cool monitoring tool to me. And it should work with the screens off on the Mac.

:D

2015-12-26 19.35.31.png

2. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Thats pretty cool! As I got a 6S+ the other day, my iP5 now is unused, this seems like a good purpose for it. I accidentally updated to 9.2 so no more JB, but a 9.2 JB is coming soon! Is this app on AppCake? I will install it along with iTeleport Connect, which is a great VNC app

4. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…AppCake. I can't really help with that.

I found iStat Server 1.0 on the net though for my Mac. It's PowerPC. The only other component is iStat on the iPhone. As it's not on the App Store any more however, you can't find it there. But any time you've downloaded something, whether it's there or not anymore Apple lets you redownload it.

5. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren