Monoprice TPU Case: Clear and Smoke and Incase Smoke Case for Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PHR, Sep 22, 2010.

1. PHR macrumors newbie

Ordered some HDMI cables from Monoprice so I decided to order the TPU cases in smoke and clear. Before those cases, I originally had the Griffin Graphite case which I liked but as soon as my Incase Smoke arrived, I returned the Griffin.

- First thing I noticed about the Monoprice TPU cases is that it has the old cut-outs for the flash. For the clear case, there is "ghosting' when I was taking some test pics.. what I found funny is that when the flash goes off, the whole case lights up. I didn't notice any "ghosting" on the smoke case and I took about a dozen pics.
    - There is watermarking in the back for both TPU cases
    - The sides are not stiff and for the smoke case it's more loose on the top and for the clear case, it's more loose on the bottom.

I didn't expect much of these cases since they are only going for about $1 each. I love my Incase smoke case and will keep this one on and use the TPU cases as backup.

Attached Files:

2. PHR thread starter macrumors newbie

more pics:

Attached Files:

3. PHR thread starter macrumors newbie

And pic of phone with Incase smoke case:

Attached Files:

4. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What the heck do you have on the front and back of your phone in the pics in your 2nd post? Is that a reflection or does it actually look like that?

5. PHR thread starter macrumors newbie

My bad.. forgot to mention that it's the reflection off my kitchen backsplash. In the other pics, the reflection is of the packaging envelope the cases came in.

6. plusonechoi macrumors member

7. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Why do the cheap-o cases always have a SIM card cut out? That's so weird...

8. i hate phones macrumors 6502a

i love the look of the smoke incase snap case, that's what i got through the free case program. but i'm too afraid to use it. leaves too many glass edges exposed for my liking :(

9. PHR thread starter macrumors newbie

I really like it but like some people have mentioned, it doesn't provide much protection (due to its style)... but I'm okay with that (I try to be careful with my phone).