Monowear Stainless Steel Watch Band with Apple Watch Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eprisencc, May 14, 2015.

1. eprisencc, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015

eprisencc macrumors member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You can purchase the stainless steel monowear Apple watch band for about $100 bucks compared to the $400 and some change you will spend on the link bracelet from Apple. I thought the watch might look bad with the aluminum watch base and a steel band but it actually looks good together. Right now they are not available from Amazon but should hopefully be coming back soon. I give this band a 9 out of 10. Very easy to connect but I needed to see a jeweler to remove some links.

2. aguyinokc macrumors member

that looks really bad OP. mismatching metals = yuck

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Here's my HOCO that I got for $60. I love it. The monowear's adapter makes the watch itself look elongated.

Attached Files:

4. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

You mean like mixing a reflective finish stainless steal watch with a brushed finish band? I think it matches better than a SS apple watch.

5. eprisencc thread starter macrumors member

I think it looks pretty good. Everyone that has seen it did not notice the aluminum to stainless steel mismatch. Pictures don't do it justice but the watch looks really good.

6. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Yeah I actually think the sport looks really good with stainless steal bands. The girl at the jewelry store who fitted my band said it looks like it actually came with the watch and that it matches great and another employee agreed.

7. eprisencc thread starter macrumors member

Well I ordered the monowear band from Amazon so no trying it on. However, when I got it, I was strongly impressed with how it flowed together

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I ordered on aliexpress. I only went to the jewelry store to have the band fitted.

9. eprisencc thread starter macrumors member

Oh ok.

10. Prestonsimon macrumors newbie

I actually wanted to get a monowear black stainless steel band for my sport, but they were sold out, so I went with this one, and am actually super happy. This is one of the only 3rd party bands besides monowear that has the nicer looking adapters without the big gap that I have found. Plus it is less than half the price and was prime. For the money (like $53), it is definitely worth it!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZWB8FO0

11. Roller macrumors 68020

I've used link bands for several years and I'd like one to replace the plastic band that came with my AW. How secure is the clasp? I've heard that some will open unexpectedly when the band/clasp knocks against a hard surface. Thanks!

12. Prestonsimon macrumors newbie

The clasp has been great for me. I have hit it on walls and tables quite a few times (unfortunately) and haven't had any issues with it unclasping.

13. Roller macrumors 68020

Thanks, that's good to hear. I've ordered one based on your recommendation and on positive reviews on Amazon.