Montana boy body-slammed for not removing hat during National Anthem, authorities say

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. H2SO4 macrumors 601

From the article;
    "Jasper said he intends to present his client's neuropsychological evaluation to the court and Brockway will plead not guilty.
    "Curt says he was given an order from commander in chief to make sure people are patriotic," Jasper said.
    ".
    and...
    "Brockway said he then grabbed the boy by his throat, lifted him into the air, before slamming the boy into the ground".

How is it possible can he plead not guilty? He did actually do it and said as much.

2. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

I’m sorry but no one has the right to demand another person take off a hat during the national anthem. If this nut job had told another adult to take of their hat and they said FU would anyone call them disrespectful?

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

Sigh today I am just responding without being clear. No its not disrespectful to keep your hat on during the anthem, its your choice and your freedom to keep it on or take it off. However, it is disrespectful to respond that way to an adult. If one of my kids were to respond that way I would have made him apologize to the adult, and then "politely" instructed said adult he can choose to keep the hat on.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The adult was way out of line.

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

Christ on a bike, who cares if he didn’t remove his hat? Just ask him to do so FFS. Always violence first with a lot of people!

6. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Right, gotcha, makes sense now.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

good , this is the land of the free and you better worship it or else :mad::mad::mad:

hope the kid also learned a lesson, don't let your mouth issue checks your body can't cash.....

8. benshive macrumors regular

Funny part is that this moron probably goes around screaming about how patriotic he is because he loves to live in the "land of the free." Do you really live in a free country if you can't decide to wear a hat during your nation's special song? I hope this guy is charged.

9. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

This is why children should be armed at all times.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

can't sadly, I tried :(

11. mmomega macrumors 68040

mmomega

Disrespect is in the eyes of the beholder.

You can't go tell another human to do what you want them to do, they disagree with what you are ordering of them and then say they are disrespectful, especially in the context of the action was doing nothing to cause any form of physical harm to any bystander.

The other party decided it was "his duty" to determine what is deemed disrespectful and rage out and harm another person because they had two different value systems.

I doubt Mr. Jockey McJockerson would want a concussion, a cracked skull and for someone else to make him bleed his own blood.

12. benshive macrumors regular

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

"Curt says he was given an order from commander in chief to make sure people are patriotic,"

Is he blaming trump?

14. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

15. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

So that means trump I guess.

I’m finding we are living I bizzaro world. :(

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

if a crazy guy with a history of violence says trump told him the liberals believe the crazy guy no matter how crazy the idea is......

17. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

No, we are living in the normal world where choice of word usage has consequences.

Trump doesn't have to directly say, "Body slam the unpatriotic" for that action to happen.

It seems you are living in a world where you can only do something on command and have no thought process to convey meaning into something that was said.

I have seen that a lot on the boards where people ask, "show me exactly where he said that".

This is a perfect example of where the persons own words point back to the rhetoric Trump has spewed, and you are still saying he didn't say that.

18. ucfgrad93, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Geez, i bet you believe that if your neighbor’s dog craps on your yard it is Trump’s fault.

19. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I know this is a crazy thought but…

When trump says the national anthem should be respected. It doesn’t give me carte blanche to assault anyone. Nor does it mean, that now I am on a mission to punish or even chastise anyone not respecting the national anthem. Nor do I need trump to even tell me to respect it. For as a normal decent human being, and one with a normal decent upbringing. I have been taught to respect all national anthems. Irrespective of my own nationality. Nor has my upbringing taught me to assault anyone who doesn’t do the same.

But that’s just me I guess?…

20. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

21. itsmemuffins macrumors 68040

itsmemuffins

I’m
    Not sure what the exact story was with that but I get your point. It still doesn’t mean that a sound person takes trumps words as a call to action.

I have to say though. Trump is a fan of body slamming :p

22. eatrains macrumors 6502

TDS strikes again! A MAGA knucklehead decides to attack a child for being rude to some cloth...