Ok, I made my decision.. I know everyday in the back of my mind it lingers that I want the 17" hi res mbp (since I've sold my mac pro might as well get the highest end mbp for best performance since I wont be upgrading until Nehalem). I dont really want the 2.6Ghz upgrade but my local Apple Store only has the 2.6Ghz and I do want that 17" hi res mbp.. I just love that screen real size and it will be come my desktop replacement.. also I remember running off the 17" 2.5Ghz mbp with my 23" acd and it felt a bit overall faster.. maybe due to higher clocked cpu/gpu as I do remember reading about the heatsink is superior on the 17"?? Also allowing higher voltage?