Moore's "Slacker" film. Your reponses.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by KingYaba, Sep 23, 2008.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I downloaded the film. You can do so here. I have no idea what this movie is about and I won't be able to watch it until this afternoon. But I'd like to hear thoughts & opinions, interpretations.

2. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Only available for d/l in the US and Canada. I could go through a proxy but I will wait for a day or two when it is hosted somewhere else and get it then.

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Well, you could watch the "film".

Or you could just have someone say to you "vote! Democrat!" for the same effect.

4. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I've only ever seen one of his films, Sicko. I enjoyed it and on the whole it was pretty accurate, even if it was occasionally a little selective. I've never seen his 911 one, but I will do that one day. I'll probably catch this, too.

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I agree with many (but not all) of Michael Moore's positions, but find the man an intolerable buffoon.

6. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

The movie was boring and uneventful. No wonder it was distributed on the internet.

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Can you say "of all the intolerable buffoonery!" pretty please?

8. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Although I agree that Michael Moore is Buffoon-ish, I really liked all his previous films. But I couldn't get past a few minutes of Slacker Uprising. Watching people energized for a losing campaign four years ago doesn't energize me for this election.

I'm looking forward to Third Term, which I had heard is coming out tomorrow, but their website doesn't give a date.

http://progressiveaccountability.org/third-term/

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sicko was great. The rest of his films I had issues with. I might check this out.