Mophie 4 & 4S -Run!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jabramson, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Jabramson macrumors newbie

Had an interesting situation occur today. I contacted Mophie via live chat and got a person names Chasse. I told her I was on my fourth Mophie since December (two were mine, two were my sons). All four had worked fine for a few months (2 at a time). Then each stopped taking charges. It seemed that the micro USB on the side that is used for charging had separated from the unit and would no longer charge the case. Returned them both to Best Buy where they validated this and replaced them with new one's. *We used the new ones for another few months. Same thing has occurred. Just to be clear, they are only charged at night while on a bedside table. Nothing abusive.*

While on the chat, I explained that we are now on the fourth Mophie case for our Iphone 4 & 4S. I indicated that I was real concerned that this was happening and was more concerned about what would happen after the 1 year warrantee was over. I got a response that said I had a 1 year warrantee but nothing after that. I could have just read that on the side of the box it came in. I was looking to see if they had a better idea since I would have never bought this of I knew it had a 1 year shelf life (and that would be after numerous replacements). I asked if there was anyway of getting a better answer than that. The live chat was then disconnected - on their side.*

I proceeded to get into my car and go to work. On my way I called their Customer service Depatment to see if I could find someone with better answers that I got with their live chat. Guess who answers? Chasse. I tell her who I am and she takes an attitude like I'm wrong for trying to figure out what my future holds with her product. She's not interested in discussing what happens once the warrantee ends, even thought this is an apparent product defect. She also has the nerve to tell me that this is an isolated issue and that this product does not have an apparent defective construction even though I found pages of complaints from other Mophie users. Don't take my word for it, google "what issues are there with Mophie cases"?

She was totally unwilling to take any responsibly that there was a problem. If anyone is considering one of these - run! While they could really be a great product, they have yet to succeed at doing so.*

For those of you that are having or have had issues give Chasse a call at (888) 866-7443. I'm confident she wants to do a better job for all of us and gaining a better education on her product would be helpful.

2. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Have had mine since the 4/4s model was released and still working fine.

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I have the white 4/4S one as well and it STAINS, and the USB connector feels loose already. I have stopped using it, and just going to charge my phone in the car (I have a USB port in my car) instead of dealing with these battery cases. It is nice having a phone that is thin again too.

4. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I am a CSR and I had this woman who called on the 6th of september then on the 11th I got her again and I got twice again today! It was crazy lol I work for a pharmaceutical company so it was for a RX order its a small world out there :p

5. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Why orange?

6. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

I like orange and it stands out :O

7. dendkmac macrumors member

dendkmac

I have a white mophie air and have been beating upon it for 4 months now, no problems yet.