Mophie battery health tips?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c14nhl, Nov 8, 2011.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

I've recently purchased the "Mophie Juice Pack Plus". I'm very happy with it and does exactly as advertised.

Has anyone used one on their phone before? I won't be needing the extra juice most days, and bought it for long journeys.

I was wondering how everyone else used theirs? How have you found the health of your pack over time?

2. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

I brought a Moohie juice pack plus in February for my iPhone 4 and it worked perfectly until last month. I couldn't get it to charge my phone but it had a full battery. So I contacted Mophie and they told me to send it to them. Within a week I had a replacement. Even though all correspondence was done though e-mail their cosumer service was really good. And to be honest with you I might have gotten the case wet and that cause the problem. I had the Mophie air before and had no problems with it. I use the case as a case so it is always on the phone. Ready if I need the extra juice. It is a good case also because I dropped my phone from a high place onto a hard floor and everything was fine. It syncs fine with iTunes even though iOS 5 is wireless but it does sync. It does take awhile to charge up but I use my iPad charger with the Mophie cord so it doesn't take as long. I have totally let my phone battery drain and it charged my phone all the way back up to 100 percent and still had one led lit. I really enjoy having even though it does make the phone more bulkier but to me it is worth it.

3. c14nhl thread starter macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Thanks very much for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

I'm going to give to a few days with it on, see how I get on, then I may take it off and use only as and when needed. Although I'd kick myself taking this off now and running out of juice.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I've used the Juice Pack Air for both my old 3GS and my new 4S (which I have had since the 4S was first available in the UK). I've never had any problems with them, I like using the micro-USB connector (easier to find than Apple's dock connector), I don't have to worry about manually adjusting power-consuming settings, and I can walk in the forest all day with the GPS on without worrying about the battery giving out. In terms of longevity, the battery pack for the 3GS has lasted more than 18 months and is still going strong. My hope is that the battery pack will reduce the wear & tear on my 4S's internal battery, so that it will last longer when I give the 4S to on eof my family members as a hand-me-down.

5. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

I think technically this post belongs in the Accessories forum but here is my two cents.

I have had the Mophie battery pack for 2 years now. Works great. How I use it is simpy sometimes I plug in my phone to charge it at night using the Mophie cable, sometimes I let my phone drain down to 20% and then charge it using the Mophie which almost wears it down. Then I charge it.

Sometimes I wait only til my phone is at 60% and then switch on the charger and get a couple of extra days using gradual battery feeds to keep it abovel 80%

Dropped it by accident on concrete and watched it bounce... it slightly cracked the corner of the case where the charge port is, but it stillworks took a small gouge out of the back and where the camera eye protector is and not a scratch on my phone.

It fits well if you use a front screen protector but is a bit tight of a fit if you had a backing film on as well, which I initially did because I felt that sometimes it would be nice just to have the naked phone.

I found I almost never take it out of the case now as it allows a solidity of feel and I can plunk it on a table without fear of dmg or scratches.

As far as looks goes, it is pretty androgynous if you pick the black one.

WW

6. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Do you guys run the morphie like an extended battery with it always on...?Or just turn it on when your iphone battery is low?

7. cwkoller5 macrumors newbie

Mophie JP+ saved my iPhone, but sacrificed itself...

OK, so I dropped my iPhone in the toilet.

It was in an unzipped chest pocket on a Patagonia vest and slid out. Thankfully I was able to react and catch it on first contact, quickly wipe things off and the phone is fine. But the Mophie no longer charges the phone, so I ordered another from Mophie yesterday. Even found a 15% off code on Twitter to offset my FedEx delivery charge. Sweet.

Re charging, I find it's best to leave it off and run off the iPhone's battery for the first part of the day, then flip the switch and let the Mophie recharge it for the rest.

I travel all over the US (and occasionally internationally) and beat the hell out of my iPhone with apps, GPS, long conference calls, etc. Could not live without my Mophie.

8. mrquin27 macrumors newbie

I always just leave it charge my phone. Turns my battery problem 4S from a half a say phone to a day- 1.5 day phone.