Mophie Juice Pack Air: coming to double your iPhone 4 battery next week

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by atomicbatteries, Sep 2, 2010.

1. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

So, you've been waiting for a Mophie Juice Pack for your iPhone 4? You're not alone. Well, we have word that it'll be available as soon as next week for $79. We even managed to get hands on with a prototype that looked and felt pretty tight considering the fact that it doubles the iPhone's non-removable battery. The Juice Pack Air features pass-through USB charging and sync with iTunes, an integrated 4 LED charge status, and a standby switch the shuts off the juice turning the appendage into a rather attractive (albeit, heavy with a 1500mAh capacity battery), soft-grip case. Now you know.
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/02/mophie-juice-pack-air-coming-to-double-your-iphone-4-battery-ne/
    mophie-juice-pack-air-mophie-juice-pack-air-iphone-4-engadget.jpg

2. Subjugator macrumors regular

Thanks for the link!

Do they sell these in retail stores? Best Buy, etc? Or is it only online? I would like to see one in person before shelling out $80 for any extended battery case.

3. atomicbatteries thread starter macrumors 6502

they have sold them at the Apple store in the past, but I think when their released, ordering direct will get you one faster...

4. Subjugator macrumors regular

Thanks, I would I just like to see an item first hand before I drop $80 on it. Nice to know I can go to apple and check it out.

5. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Ugh, here we go again...with another case that I'm going to want. This thing looks amazing. Mimicks the actual look of the iPhone itself, and I'd actually LIKE the added weight to the phone. Feels better in hand.

6. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

I want a company to make one of these where the inside is lined with like rubber so it doesn't scratch the phone.

7. coolnwo macrumors member

Think you can fit a screen protector or a zagg body on this.

8. spader macrumors newbie

+1. It looks seriously smexy.

9. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I've been waiting for this. I'll definitely be purchasing one ASAP.

10. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I have the Juice Pack for the 3G and love it! Heavy and bulky, but that's the trade off and choice of evils.

The new model for the I4 looks even nicer, but how's the depth of the camera cutout? Looks really deep. Might be big enough that there won't be any flash issues, but I dunno. Got to wait for the reviews to come in before I decide to purchase.

11. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Hopefully they have fixed the design a bit.

I had this case on my 3G and got it replaced, under warranty, 4 times because the microUSB connector was crap.

12. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

Mmmmmm. Looks good. So $79 will probably equal £120 by the time it gets across the pond :rolleyes:

13. berger34 macrumors member

berger34

buyer beware. i've had one of these since xmas, and noticed that its scratching the antenna band on the upper right hand side. even though its lined with rubber, the top piece of the juice pack that snaps on is scuffing the stainless steel.