Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atomicbatteries

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
So, you've been waiting for a Mophie Juice Pack for your iPhone 4? You're not alone. Well, we have word that it'll be available as soon as next week for $79. We even managed to get hands on with a prototype that looked and felt pretty tight considering the fact that it doubles the iPhone's non-removable battery. The Juice Pack Air features pass-through USB charging and sync with iTunes, an integrated 4 LED charge status, and a standby switch the shuts off the juice turning the appendage into a rather attractive (albeit, heavy with a 1500mAh capacity battery), soft-grip case. Now you know.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/02/mophie-juice-pack-air-coming-to-double-your-iphone-4-battery-ne/
mophie-juice-pack-air-mophie-juice-pack-air-iphone-4-engadget.jpg

Subjugator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Thanks for the link!

Do they sell these in retail stores? Best Buy, etc? Or is it only online? I would like to see one in person before shelling out $80 for any extended battery case.

atomicbatteries

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for the link!

Do they sell these in retail stores? Best Buy, etc? Or is it only online? I would like to see one in person before shelling out $80 for any extended battery case.

they have sold them at the Apple store in the past, but I think when their released, ordering direct will get you one faster...

Subjugator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
they have sold them at the Apple store in the past, but I think when their released, ordering direct will get you one faster...

Thanks, I would I just like to see an item first hand before I drop $80 on it. Nice to know I can go to apple and check it out.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Ugh, here we go again...with another case that I'm going to want. This thing looks amazing. Mimicks the actual look of the iPhone itself, and I'd actually LIKE the added weight to the phone. Feels better in hand.

CJisohsocool

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
I want a company to make one of these where the inside is lined with like rubber so it doesn't scratch the phone.

spader

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
Ugh, here we go again...with another case that I'm going to want. This thing looks amazing. Mimicks the actual look of the iPhone itself, and I'd actually LIKE the added weight to the phone. Feels better in hand.

+1. It looks seriously smexy.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
I have the Juice Pack for the 3G and love it! Heavy and bulky, but that's the trade off and choice of evils.

The new model for the I4 looks even nicer, but how's the depth of the camera cutout? Looks really deep. Might be big enough that there won't be any flash issues, but I dunno. Got to wait for the reviews to come in before I decide to purchase.

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
Hopefully they have fixed the design a bit.

I had this case on my 3G and got it replaced, under warranty, 4 times because the microUSB connector was crap.

berger34

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
pennsylvania
buyer beware. i've had one of these since xmas, and noticed that its scratching the antenna band on the upper right hand side. even though its lined with rubber, the top piece of the juice pack that snaps on is scuffing the stainless steel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.