Mophie Juice Pack works even if iPhone's battery is permanently dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mnya, Apr 18, 2013.

1. mnya macrumors member

I think my iPhone 3GS's battery just died forever because it just doesn't charge any more - black screen.
    If I get a Mophie Juice Pack external battery, might the iPhone come back to life...?

2. iamsophie macrumors newbie

Hmm... I'm not expert on this, so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free. if the iPhone's battery doesn't charge anymore, then I think that the Mophie Juice Pack wouldn't work as it just is basically an external battery to charge the iPhone from.
    If you desperately need your iPhone to work, you could always take it into an Apple Store/Service Centre and have the battery replaced?
    Hope this helps :)

3. mnya thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

I started thinking the same thing... I'll try to replace batteries :) Thanks!

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When you say the battery is dead, do you mean that it doesn't charge, or that it works, but lasts for a very short period due to being so old?

5. mnya thread starter macrumors member

battery dead

Thanks for your reply!
    I meant the battery is probably dead because my iPhone 3GS just shut down suddenly and now won't charge at all (with power outlet / computer). The screen stays completely black with no charging sign or anything.

6. LithePanther macrumors 6502

They'll probably charge you for the battery.

Probably should just buy a new phone instead.