Mophie MEMORIAL DAY SALE-UP to 60% Off-Free Shipping over $100

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 3goldens, May 27, 2011.

1. 3goldens, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011

3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

3. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

Ha Ha your funny, spam cop are you?

Not that I feel I have to qualify myself to you for passing along a good tip, but I have nothing at all to do with Mophie, just passing along some timely information.

Unlike you, others in the forum appreciate learning about things like this.
    I know I am when I get one.

If you don't want to know about things like this, hey. don't read them.

But thanks for dropping by and making a nasty and completely false allegation. You based this on, what? Oh!, nothing, just an assumption on your part? I know I don't have to go over the meaning of that with you!

Perhaps consider thinking before making another false and accusatory comment like this in the future.

Anyway, hope you have a great long weekend.

4. TEHi macrumors regular

I really don't mind if you have any relationship with mophie or not, but seriously that post looked like an ad, Blue and red text, encouraging bold title, full link at the end... just saying. ;)

I thought it was 60% off everything and was excited to grab a $40 juice pack plus, but it is at $85... Anyways thanks for the info it may be useful

5. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

Sorry if the highlighting bothered you, I thought it looked better than only black....And I put a link in more as courtesy than anything else.

I don't know about you but hate it when people talk about something and then I have to go goggle it to find it.

And the only relationship I have with Mophie, is as a customer, a satisfied one I might add, so consequently I'm on their email list. I got an email this morning telling me about it, so I thought I would pass it along.

To me, any discount for their new stuff with a warranty is good, since they're not widely distributed in traditional discount places.

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

And clearly the only relationship I have is throwing my money into the pit of fail that is that company.

7. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

ahhhhhh....more savant wisdom from the one who knows NOTHING about which he speaks....just likes to leave nasty, clearly unknowledgeable, unsubstantiated, comments....but that's fine, we welcome all trolls of negativity.

8. Surely Guest

Surely

You may want to change the thread title to read: "Up to 60% off". Because, y'know, there's probably one item on the site that is actually 60% off (and it's probably a $10 item or it's already sold out).

9. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Again. You keep saying I know nothing of which I speak. I discussed my experience. Your desire to quickly dismiss me as a troll is very telling.

Unknowledgable? Hardly. Unsubstantiated? It's based on my experience.

I have better things to do than 'troll' a case manufacturer. But when I see multiple threads plugging a company on a forum and I had such a bad experience, others deserve to read the counter opinion to blind loyalty or company employment.

You make this appeal to authority and popularity when I state my opinion. You attack me personally. You close all room for a consideration that the company doesn't crap gold.

Now who's inhelpful and lacks knowledge. Any day you want to discuss experience in the yech sector and compare resumes, let ke know, however all I can state is fact as it relates to my experience. The juicepack was garbage and it was arduous at best to continue to replace it.

Cases that don't suck? Incase power slider.

10. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

Really?

I'll have to check that one out as well, know anywhere that has a good price, perhaps monoprice?

11. son of olaf macrumors newbie

son of olaf

Thanks for the tip!

Summary of thread:

Waa..

Whine...

Waa..

But thanks for the tip!

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

13. oakie, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

sadly, some of the responses in this thread only temper the notion that iPhone prices are too low, inviting a swath of owners whose functional intelligence is below that of the device itself.

if you have something worthwhile to say, say it. otherwise, accept it for what it is: another member trying to help out those who may be interested.

thoughtful arguments can be educational and insightful to read, but the whiners in here bring neither to the table... only unsubstantiated conjecture. and just because you're the one out of a hundred customers who had a bad experience doesn't make you right.... it usually makes you the ******.

anyways, thanks to the TS for passing along the info for those who are interested.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

as pointed put there is only one thing for sale at 60%. that is out of stock. that is one many are complaining about. many sites are having store wide memorial day sales as well. even Morphie site says up to 60%. yes probably sounds stupid but thread starter should edit the title. I originally opened this thread thinking juice packs were 60% off.

15. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Yep, same here, I thought the Juice Packs were 60% off.

16. Surely Guest

Surely

I wonder what 3goldens' motivation is for ignoring this thread and refusing to change the thread title to make it more accurate......

17. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

Thanks for showing me there are signs of intelligence out there!

Appreciate your understanding and the directness with which you address the issue.

18. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

You took the time to do this to illustrate MY failure?

Perhaps you should send it in an attachment to Mophie friend.

I'm not the one who wrote the copy or is having a sale.

Needless to say, despite your sediments and inability to understand that one does not normally see these products reduced in price often, and that any reduction, be 10 or 15% represent a savings for some, maybe not for you, but for some it may and they are appreciative of knowing about it.

At the end of the day the nastiness and idiotic comments that were posted here in response comes down to the wording the copy writer choose and my not including the "up to" in the title, an over sight, not intentional, just trying to get the word out and move on.

Oh WOW, big freaking deal, you opened a thread and went to a site and found out it was not a burning down the house sale but a reasonable one, where if you were in the market for a Juice Pak plus or Juice Pak for ipad you might be able to save a few bucks. No one was giving anything away, sorry. And while I am quite sure this was a great success sale wise for Mophie I am sorry I bothered even posting it in the first place, who need this, never again.

My motivation? are you serious?

Just exactly are you getting at here, what are you implying by that?

Simply blown away by the level of intelligence I find sometimes.

I wonder sometimes if people who take the time to leave nasty critical, comments and pictures in the various threads ever make mistakes or do anything wrong or unintentionally, but when you did it, had the best of intentions?

Probably not.

It's far easier to assume the worst, make false allegations, look for the worst in community members and leave critical, sarcastic and know it all comments.

Sad really.

19. Surely Guest

Surely

Is there really a need to insult me? I don't think so.:rolleyes:

The reason I questioned your motivation is because there have been a couple of posts above suggesting that you change the thread title, and you decided to ignore those posts. You responded to other posts, yet you chose to ignore those posts. It make people question your credibility. The thread title was misleading.

You really need to think about how you respond to people around here. Sad really.

20. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

You think that was insulting, asking why you were implying? Ok, if you think so what can I say?

You readily jump on the band wagon here making an assumption based on? Nothing!

You mentioned "people" questioning my credibility, whatever that means, was the result of my not changing the title after several posts pointed this out. Do you speak for the community here, or was it you asking that question?

And actually at the time, you this were the only one who mentioned changing the title, so I ignored nothing, because the last time I posted was two days ago and, at that time, I actually wasn't aware I could change the title or I would have then.

I discovered how today and by accident, when I went to edit a misspelled word in a post, I then saw how to change it in the advanced mode and I did today.

And I do think about how I respond to everyone around here, and that includes you. I wonder if they think before they do the same?

21. Surely Guest

Surely

Saying "Simply blown away by the level of intelligence I find sometimes." in response to my post is insulting to me. You see, you are insulting me and my intelligence when you respond to my post with a statement like that. I don't really understand your questions though- they don't really make sense. If you're asking what you should say, you should say "my bad, sorry for the misleading thread title," and move on instead of attacking people who questioned you.

Jump on the bandwagon? It was the first thing I thought when I saw the thread, went to their website, and saw that there was no 60% off sale as you had stated. I then suggested that you change the thread title, and you ignored my post (you posted 2 hours and 43 minutes after I made that post, and did not refer to my post at all).

Clearly I'm not the only one who had an issue with the way you formatted this thread. Read the other posts above. Pretty much everyone in this thread thought that your original thread title was misleading. Regarding your credibility: I've noticed that you post a lot of iPad case reviews.....how can the community trust them if we see threads like this one?

See above for the timestamps of when you actually posted following my initial post. It was not two days later. It was 2 hours and 43 minutes later. You clearly ignored my post.

If you were unsure of how to make the change, you should have asked in this thread. If people are suggesting that you change it, clearly there is a way to do so, and the people who suggested it would have been able to show you how.

Do you? It's very hard to tell.