More Americans Shot in Chicago than in Aghanistan this Weekend

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
A sad indictment of how out of control the gun situation in the US. Good to see you posting some negative stories about the terrible impact of guns for balance southern dad.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
A sad indictment of how out of control the gun situation in the US. Good to see you posting some negative stories about the terrible impact of guns for balance southern dad.
Considering that Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws around, I'd say that it isn't working. It was safer in Atlanta where we are allowed to be armed.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
tons of gun control in Chicago, the only ones benefiting from it are the criminals

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
Considering that Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws around, I'd say that it isn't working.
One would have thought you'd have a bit if sympathy for the dead and wounded. Instead you'll use their warm carcasses as ammunition to attack gun laws. You're all class. The reflection that should be done here is the terrible, indelible impact that guns have on your society.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
One would have thought you'd have a bit if sympathy for the dead and wounded. Instead you'll use their warm carcasses as ammunition to attack gun laws. You're all class. The reflection that should be done here is the terrible, indelible impact that guns have on your society.
replace guns with criminals, too many gun laws simply do not work.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
tons of gun control in Chicago, the only ones benefiting from it are the criminals
I didn't mention gun control. I see you have the same reading comprehension issues as southern dad.

The people dying from guns are Americans. i.e. Your fellow man. As with southern dad you have no perspective or objectivity.

replace guns with criminals, too many gun laws simply do not work.
Again I didn't mention gun laws. You reading comprehension is woeful x 2.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Considering that Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws around, I'd say that it isn't working. It was safer in Atlanta where we are allowed to be armed.
So that logic still applies when we talk about entire countries with VERY STRICT gun laws?

Why is America the least safe? if we have guns?

AS far as Atlanta goes, i would hope it has less violence and crime rates than Chicago. its a MUCH smaller city with less people.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
July 4th weekend resulted in 82 people shot, 14 of them fatally. It was safer to be an American in Afghanistan this weekend than Chicago.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-chicago-shot-weekend-violence-20140707-story.html
Well, I'd venture to guess that there are far more Americans in Chicago than there are in Afghanistan, so it's kinda hard for me to understand why this is (or isn't) a big deal without more information.

Now if you have murder rates between the two places, that might be a bit more telling.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - our high murder rate isn't because we have more guns. It's because we live among more *******s.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
So you'd rather fight the issue of people being shot and killed by being able to shoot and kill other people.

Again, thank you for being part of the problem, not the solution.

BL.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've said it before and I'll say it again - our high murder rate isn't because we have more guns. It's because we live among more *******s.
No, no, no...it's because of our freedom!!

So you'd rather fight the issue of people being shot and killed by being able to shoot and kill other people.
That's a pretty funny line. I'm taking that. ©samiwas

Hope is not a strategy.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. It is simply not possible for a place where people are allowed to cary anywhere to have more crime!

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
So that logic still applies when we talk about entire countries with VERY STRICT gun laws?

AS far as Atlanta goes, i would hope it has less violence and crime rates than Chicago. its a MUCH smaller city with less people.
because we have tons of criminals as well.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

Again, thank you for being part of the problem, not the solution.

BL.
that is a fallacy, we would rather no one got shot. but criminals for some reason are not cooperating.

----------

I had no idea that Atlanta was more violent than Chicago.

----------

So.

America is the only country in the developed world with Criminals?
of course not, the ones here simply don't care much for laws.

G51989

macrumors 68030
Feb 25, 2012
NYC NY/Pittsburgh PA
Or.

In first world countries, yes guns might be largely illegal. And yes, people still get them from time to time. But even illegally they are very hard to get.

In America, you are tripping over guns. There are more guns than people in America.

----------

Turns out, as posted above, I was wrong.

Atlanta is more violent than Chicago.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
that is a fallacy, we would rather no one got shot. but criminals for some reason are not cooperating.

----------

If the criminals cared for the laws, they wouldn't be criminals. :|

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
And by "safer" you mean "less safe"?

Homicide Rate (per 100,000)

Atlanta — 19.0
Chicago — 18.5

Atlanta — 20.7
Chicago — 15.9

Atlanta — 17.3
Chicago — 15.2

http://www.city-data.com
Based on the figures from city-data.com, Atlanta's homicide rate was worse than Chicago in 12 out of 13 years.