More Apple Stores...

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
It's so not fair........:(

What about London?? we do have shops that are Apple resellers but they are CRAP.... CRAP.... CRAP!!

I want an Apple Store here.......... I mean I'd like an Apple Store here!! I have to keep remembering 'I want doesn't get'........:D

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
The more apple stores, the better (to state the obvious :p )

It's true though, we do need some apple stores in the UK. MicroAnvika isn't bad, but last time i checked the store was shrouded from building works going on above it! Not exactly high-profile... A nice, chic apple store would be just the thing for London.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
MicroAnvika aren't that bad, just hideously expensive..... I've yet to hear of anybody getting a good deal at MicroAnivika!!

London, as one of many great international cities and one with one of the largest amount of Mac users in the world should have one.... the business would certainly be there.....

Apple I think should begin to start thinking interms of international sales, they neglected the UK mac market before, and are only now beginning to get back on track..... And an Apple Store would be great to help out their cause!!:p

But i would say that wouldn't I.......:D :p ;)

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
I would really like it if Apple puts an Apple store in McAllen, TX. If anyone from Apple reads this, please consider... :D

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Apple Store Chicago

There were rumors a long time ago that an Apple store was coming to downtown Chicago on the magnificent mile.

A long time has passed and still no Apple store. What gives??

Matthew

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
apple store

We don't have an Apple Store down here in Nashville, but I'd love one. We dohave a very good reseller however. I wonder if apple has ever thought about seeking out MAc only resellers and letting them franchise apple stores, like a fast food resturant. With good standards, the stores would still be top rate. they could even do training at a specific site for all upper level employees.

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
Finally a store in wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is great news. I shop at Mayfair mall, and I know it will go over really well.

Thank you steve!!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
It is kind of weird the way they've been putting stores in. Out here in DC we have 2, it doesn't make sense when there are so many other places that could use them and make even more business. Even though the Tyson's Corner and Clarendon store are about 20 miles apart, they have to be competing in sales at some point.

Pants

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by iGAV
It's so not fair........:(

What about London?? we do have shops that are Apple resellers but they are CRAP.... CRAP.... CRAP!!

I want an Apple Store here.......... I mean I'd like an Apple Store here!! I have to keep remembering 'I want doesn't get'........:D
w3rd.

actually, its all very well touting these apple stores in the US and releasing US only products (eg - laser writing on your iPod), but it doesnt exactly instill confidence in those Apple users outside of the states.....I mean, hell has steve been reading from Dubyas "Big Book o' World Geografy"(sic.) ?? The world dont stop at your Atlantic shoreline, Stevo (indeed, many may even say it starts... ;) )

Mygate was actually one of the better London resellers, but they sadly went bust. And what are we now left with if we want to look before we buy? PC World, where the pimpley sales youths still use apples to leverage sales from price concsious brain donors? (yeah, I have yet to see an iMac turned on at my local pcworld - I asked a couple of weeks why, and was told "its cos they're unreliable"!!!)

If only they opened up ONE apple store - even in the mindlands, and farmed the retail out to a local reseller, I'd be happy. I sure as hell dont feel like shelling out 2 and half grand without seeing what Im buying (actually, this is especially true of the 'luxury' bits , like the iPod).

So come on Apple - dont rub our noses in it by expanding into china first, Im itching to give you yet more of my money, but please, make it a slightly more pleasurable experience!!

Timothy

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2002
Seattle, WA
Method to the madness?

I can't understand the method that Apple is using to roll out stores. Does anyone else see any discernable pattern? It just seems so random.

Why no store in Seattle?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by dukestreet
It is kind of weird the way they've been putting stores in. Out here in DC we have 2, it doesn't make sense when there are so many other places that could use them and make even more business. Even though the Tyson's Corner and Clarendon store are about 20 miles apart, they have to be competing in sales at some point.
Exactly, i mean if they're going to do many in the same metro areas, that's fine, hell that's good because people will see them all over, but you'd think they'd spread them out more evenly before doing this. I don't have one for like 400 miles in any direction... our CompUSA has the new Macs stuck in a corner, way in the back, and they don't seem in any rush to sell 'em... I realize Iowa is not densely populated, but we've still got a few million people...

i realize i've posted complaining about this 3 times, but if Apple is reading, i'll run the store!! you don't even have to pay me!!! lol
:)
pnw

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
NYC

they haven't gotten to the biggest stinking city in the country even!

realistically though, i figure that nyc is more likely to have some good resellers whereas rural PA or whatever wouldn't, and would thus benefit more from the apple store...

however, once the store in nyc IS open, i plan to just hang out there for kicks. perhaps even get in good enough with the folks to 1) get a job. 2) get some good tips/insight on stuff without having to pay for technical advice/service...

i think if the store is open here by macworld ny, it will be packed around that time.. we'll see

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: NYC

Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
they haven't gotten to the biggest stinking city in the country even!
This just doesn't make sense. There should be one downtown. Hell, I was in the city last April and walked into the Sony store on (I think) 42nd and it was great, but not have as cool as the Apple Stores. NY just sounds like a great showcase for an Apple Mega Store.

I hope they do it.

bdowney

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2002
Redford, MI
ROCK

Originally posted by icetraxxg5
Yes! Yes! Yes!
A STORE IN MICHIGAN!
And its in Novi!
Only 15 minutes away from my house!
I'll see you there dude! Its about 15 from mine too!

I'm kind of surprised that they decided to put it in the mall and not outdoors at the Town Center or something though.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Here's the list from the Apple website. There really is no patern, I don't get it.

Arizona
1.Chandler Fashion Center,Chandler
2.Biltmore ,Phoenix

California
1.Fashion Island,Newport Beach
2.Fashion Valley,San Diego
3.Glendale Galleria,Glendale
4.Northridge,Northridge
5.Palo Alto,Palo Alto
6.South Coast Plaza,Costa Mesa
7.Valley Fair,Santa Clara

Colorado
1.Aspen Grove,Littleton

Connecticut
1.Westfarms,Farmington

Florida
1.The Falls,Miami
2.International Plaza,Tampa

Illinois
1.Woodfield,Schaumburg

Massachusetts
1.CambridgeSide,Cambridge
2.Northshore,Peabody

Minnesota
1.Mall of America,Bloomington

New Hampshire
1.Rockingham Park,Salem

New Jersey
1.Tice’s Corner,Woodcliff Lake

New York
1.Crossgates,Albany
2.Palisades,West Nyack
3.Walden Galleria,Buffalo

North Carolina
1.Southpoint,Durham

Ohio
1.Kenwood Towne Centre,Cincinnati
2.Easton Town Center,Columbus

Tennessee
1.Saddle Creek,Germantown

Texas
1.Willow Bend,Plano

Virginia
1.Clarendon,Arlington
2.Tysons Corner,McLean

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Apple just has them listed in alphabetical order.

That is a pattern, right?

In 2003 I will be moving, and I refuse to drive two hours to the nearest Apple store in the country from where I will be.

Apple just has to put up a store in all the big cities of every state. That means Portland, Maine!

In the time it takes to read this message, an Apple computer will already have performed 15 billion float-point operations more than a consumer PC.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
California
1.Fashion Island,Newport Beach
2.Fashion Valley,San Diego
3.Glendale Galleria,Glendale
4.Northridge,Northridge
5.Palo Alto,Palo Alto
6.South Coast Plaza,Costa Mesa
7.Valley Fair,Santa Clara
I think we need more in California, don't you? :rolleyes:

I think Apple needs to start going international with their stores (as several of the UK, AUS crowd have noted)...global presence is not a luxury these days, it's a neccessity.

Besides, I want to visit Apple Stores in other countries when I travel!

Biggles

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2002
Ohio
Novi, Michigan??? not too shabby :). Thats only a little over an hour from my place. I've been kinda left out in the cold in northwest ohio....well then again its just about the most boring part of the country....

Baseline

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2002
Southern Ontario
Time for a Toronto store, I say. There are very few cities in the entire world that are on TO's level, so why not?

At least the bookstore at my university is strongly dedicated to Apple. I know where I'm going once the new TiBook comes out.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Re: Re: NYC

This just doesn't make sense. There should be one downtown. Hell, I was in the city last April and walked into the Sony store on (I think) 42nd and it was great, but not have as cool as the Apple Stores. NY just sounds like a great showcase for an Apple Mega Store.

I hope they do it.
agreed.

i haven't been down to the supposed site as stated by think secret (i always forget to look at the address before i'm in the area) but i'm curious if there's any visible progress, assuming that IS the actual spot.

kinda sad that it's gonna be right near banana republic and gucci or whatever trendy arse stores are there, but i guess that's somewhat of the niche apple has... but i'll still be down there plenty. i'll have to invest in the weekly/monthly metro cards so as to make the nightly trip more cost effective... ha. dare to dream

Curiousstrngmint

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2001
I completely agree. I live ten minutes away from DC in maryland, and the tyson's store is very attractively placed for us (disregarding the horrendous traffic across the river). But...towson, maryland? That's near baltimore. Who on earth are they pitching to?

And I agree that apple needs a store in the big apple. Not only because it's the greatest city on earth but because I'm going to be there for four years.

nickgold

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2001
TOWSON, MD!!! YAAAY!!!

HAHAHAH The Towson, MD store will be about TWO MINUTES from my house. For months and months I've been saying it would be a perfect location for an Apple Store. Pretty upscale mall. Yes, Baltimore is ghetto. But it has a yuppy element, and a big chunk of that is in the Towson area. No I am not a yuppie, I just got stuck here after graduating college... :)

macopia

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2002
Orlando, FL
Orlando

Though there haven't been any official announcements, the local paper here in Orlando ran a story about a new upscale mall which happened to list Apple as one of its tenants. The mall is expected to open this October.

Brian