More excited for the iPad mini than I was for the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ckurt25, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

So I think I'm more excited to get the iPad mini than I was for the iPhone 5. I'll be setting an alarm to wake up a 3 AM / 12 Pacific to place my order. I guess I'm feeling this way because it feels more like a new product than the iPhone 5 was. Both existed previously, in different sizes but this is a bit more radical change from a 3.5" to 4" plus the mini is replacing an original ipad. I guess if my iPhone 5 was replacing a 3Gs then I might have been pretty geeked about it too.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

2. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Ur not that excited, because if you were, your alarm would be set for 2:55 am EST, not 3:00 am

3. AJsAWiz, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Taligating

I am (excited) !
    Will be setting my alarm for 2 am so I can camp out by my iMac. I plan on putting up a tent, setting up my folding outdoor chair, poncho (in case it rains indoors) having snacks and, oh must not forget the night light. LOL

Seriously, I can't wait ;)

Couldn't edit the subject line. Should be tailgating. I blame my fingers for running so quickly across my keyboard and my eyes for not catching it.

4. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

LOL! Nice replies. It is actually set for 2:59 and when I get home from work tonight I'll fire up Safari and have it set to the iPad page so by the time I wipe sleep out of my eyes and sit in my chair, it will be 3:00 AM and I'll be ready to shell out my money.

I don't care that it will be obsolete in 6-12 months by the next mini as they do a decent job of holding their value. The original iPad is 2 1/2 yrs old and are selling for over $200 on ebay. When the iPad mini 2 comes out I'm guessing the original mini will be $200-250 on ebay and I can handle "renting" it for $10 a month.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

how so? It is literally everything you have already seen....just smaller. The specs are not as big a a jump from the original ipad as you would think. It is the same as the ipad 2

6. ckurt25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

To me, the different form factor is what makes it feel new. I can't tell you how many times over the last 2 1/2 years I was holding on to my iPad wishing it was easier to hold on to as far as size and weight.

Percentage wise, it's probably not a huge difference when talking about going from the 9.7 to 7.9" vs 3.5 to 4" but it does weigh 1/2 as much as the original and its 1 1/2" shorter and 2" narrower. So to me, it's more of a radical change than the iPhone 4/s to the 5.

7. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

make sure you have all your browsers up. for iPhone preorder, I went to Apple.com with my Chrome browser, and for 5 minutes i kept getting the placeholder page saying it wasn't ready yet. Well I then switched to Safari and boom was in there.

I heard it was vice versa for other people, so just make sure you have all your browsers up ready to go.

8. close2reality macrumors 6502

have fun trusting the pre-order system, as if it doesn't have a track record. ill walk into the store at 8, and walk out at 815 with an iPad 4.

9. ebelp macrumors member

This thread is about pre-ordering the iPad Mini, not the iPad 4, so your argument is moot.