More Fake News: Sky, Guardian, BBC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

2. samcraig macrumors P6

More fake news coming from The White House. POOR SWEDEN.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Jesus another "fake" news announcement. I think someone is trying to impress trump.

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Isn't Sky news a newscorp company? You know, Fox News.

5. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Title of the BBC article: "Dutch populist Geert Wilders talks of Moroccan 'scum'"

Title of the Guardian article: "Far-right leader Geert Wilders calls Moroccan migrants ‘scum’"

Actual quote from Geert Wilders: "There is a lot of Moroccan scum in Holland who make the streets unsafe."

The headlines seem to describe exactly what Geert Wilders said without any spin or bias. In other words, this is not fake news; it is reporting on what someone said at a public event. Your thread titles convey falsified information. You're lying.

I also find it interesting that you're defending a man who was convicted of hate speech.

6. sim667 macrumors 65816

Yes it is.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 20, 2017 ---
    You clearly haven't seen Meisters posts before.

7. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Are there any "real" news sources left? Before you answer - a reminder - the media is supposed to call you on your **** and/or they're not infallible. That doesn't make fake news - it makes human-run news - and an excuse to have web-driven, questionably sourced partisan drivel have (potentially) equal footing with long-standing, reputable News agencies. While I've never liked the inherent abrogation of responsibility by the media with regard to how they influence Politics, Breitbart will never be the NYT or the WaPo. This is not a partisan comment - it is a statement of fact.

8. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

On the subject of fake news, has anyone explained to Sweden what happened in their country on Friday?

9. sim667 macrumors 65816

Attached Files:

10. zin Suspended

I would not argue that The Guardian headline accurately reflects what he said. The headline makes it sound like he was attacking all Moroccan migrants when he wasn't.

Then again, The Guardian has become a joke. I stopped reading it months ago.

11. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

He clearly hasn't.

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz