More G5 "Sighting" Nonsense

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
The reason I don't read spymac. And also the reason I'm here. :)

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by mc68k
The reason I don't read spymac. And also the reason I'm here. :)
You're missing out, that thread is quite funny. The sad part, if it was true he pretty much made sure he'll get caught now :)

(don't fool yourself -- every forum (including this one!) has its share of silly threads)

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
what a joke

I didnt realize that people in that forum is that stupid.. LOL.. i am glad that i found this forum during MWSF02

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
what's interesting is that there ARE people there on spymac who put the guy in his place... so at least there are some people there in their right mind. just too bad they put out any old junk rumor they can think of

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Hi, I'm Buffy!

"Like, I'm "Biff" and, like, here is a picture of what I look like. So, like, don't tell my boss and stuff that I (hee-hee) hide in closets (har-har) during meetings (titter-gafaw) and SPY on new product mock-ups that Apple employess (hahahaha!) stupidly bring by. Oh, and here's a picture of my (hardy har har!!) tape recorder that I'm gonna use next time they come!"

That was FABULOUS! Another reason to turn my nose up at Spymac. Thank goodness for MacRumors.

(and what's with those dang-nabbed avatars over there? Geesh, there's more stupid, bandwidth hogging, butt-ugly, messy avatars than there is content!):eek:

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
This is great! I can't wait till next week when he gets an audio clip, what a riot!:rolleyes:

I haven't been to spymac recently, but the more I see over there the more I really like MacRumors. The site is way too busy in the forum seciton and I was surprised to see that they only have a little over 2500 members. MR has way more than that, almost twice at 4700. I think that says it all.

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by dukestreet
This is great! I can't wait till next week when he gets an audio clip, what a riot!:rolleyes:

I haven't been to spymac recently, but the more I see over there the more I really like MacRumors. The site is way too busy in the forum seciton and I was surprised to see that they only have a little over 2500 members. MR has way more than that, almost twice at 4700. I think that says it all.
You guys are really hard on other sites! Wow! I visit all the rumor forums and enjoy them all. They all have good information. Sometimes MacRumors has good threads (like the Server analysis), sometimes AI has good threads (for the technical stuff) and sometimes Spymac has good threads. I would be surprised if I'm the only one who participates in all three forums.

And that member count thing doesn't really make macrumors look good. SpyMac has only been around for 3 or 4 months, and they already have more than half the amount of members MR has gotten in their 3 or so years.

So can we stop changing EVERY thread that is about MOSR or Spymac into a "I love MacRumors" thread? It's a bit tiring -- I would much prefer to talk about the rumor on hand.

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
Just an Urban Planner here, but didn't that guys ip address get filed away when he posted? however, this is why I will wait before I turn in the G3 (though slow) over buying a top of the line G4, in no way could compete w/what apple will do with the G5 (in speculation ie...Altivec in G4's)

Gyroscope

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2002
Two years ago Steve Jobs promised to us that the megahertz gap will be closed. So what he was thinking back then I dunno. The reality is that Intel with P4 will brake 3 ghz probably by the end of the year. Soon(maybe next week) new chipsets will support 533 FSB with 10XX fast RDRAM. Not only that megahertz gap hasnt been closed. It has almost tripled. So what is going on here? It really hurts to read posts where mac users are dreaming of something that Wintel folks take for granted these days, and still paying top dollar for fancy apple desktops. Ok Im talking performance here only. I am aware of myriad of advantages that Macs have over PC.(including cool OS X ).
Anyway I think that apple is in serious trouble here.

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Re: Re: More G5 "Sighting" Nonsense

Originally posted by Beej
What a load of crap! 1000MHz bus? I don't think so! And the rest - I don't think so either!

But I hope he's right...
The last part of your post really made me laugh, thanks :)
Maybe the 1GHz bus is what MOSR has been talking about recently

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
ROTFLMAO!!!

This guy is gonna hide in a closet and videotape the next meeting?!?!?!?!?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

*breathe*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

*tears streaming from eyes*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....

(OK, that's enough) :D

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
let's say someone sees the actual chip...so what

it takes time to make a full product like a powermac after the chip is made by motorola

i heard people saying they saw the g4 chip but there was a time lag before we saw the g4 powermac line

and once that was announced, more time to wait before i actually saw a machine in the store

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I can just picture it... the big day arrives, he's all set up and ready to videotape, and the cops come in:

"Son, COME OUT OF THE CLOSET! ...with your hands up!"

:D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
"Biff Tannen" Man.... he's cracking me up......

That diagram is supreme......... :p :p :p

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
Originally posted by Hemingray
FYI, today is the day that "Biff Tannen" claims will be the day they demo the G5 again, and this time he's getting video footage! Riiiiiiight. This should be good... :D

http://www.spymac.com/forums/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2042;start=0
Unfortunatly the last guy that posted called him an idiot, so perhaps we won't see any footage :(

rower, be carefull, Monty Python made a episode about a killing joke.
This could well be yours. :D
Must agree, I had some great laugh, both with comments here on this thread as with that biff guy :D

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
And this new computer is a downgrade with the amount of RAM it holds? Now the g5 will support up to 1 gig of ram?

I think a 4 year old could come up with a better rumor.

andrew.thornton

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2002
Munich, Germany
Spymac forums are down for optimization....a bit fishy if you ask me - probably spymac is overloaded - half the mac community want the skinny on the G5's

Come on Biff spill the beans!!!