More Lies - McCain Aide’s Firm Was Paid by Freddie Mac

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Sep 24, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) called lobbyists “birds of prey” Wednesday and vowed to enforce a lifetime ban on lobbying for members of his administration.

Link

Newsweek story

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

This is getting so depressing, I almost don't open these threads anymore, but inevitably have to. Let's hope things start getting better soon.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sorry- wish I could tell you it is. Bush is trying to kill the US, more than I ever thought he was before. We shouldn't be surprised though. If you look at his history, he's ruined everything he's ever touched, including running a few businesses into the ground. He's never had one success ever- til now. He's succeeded in obliterating the US and all it stands for. McCain will only continue to do the same.

5. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I just hope that this information reaches the voters. Accountability and transparency should be a key part of a government. The public should know that John McCain can't even keep his campaign clean, let alone a potential government.

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Honestly do you think it would matter?
    Look at the Republican voters on this site... Hasn't cleared the fog for them :rolleyes:

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

McCain responds: it's the liberal media bias!

8. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

I'm really looking forward to this election being over though regardless of who wins. At least then I'll know what to expect. It's a little depressing, I've only just graduated college and I'm out on my own for the first time, working hard, at a time when everything seems so uncertain.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I feel truly bad for anyone just entering the job market. It's really tough out there right now.

10. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

Fortunately I was able to get a job, and a pretty good one, but I am definitely not taking it for granted.