More PC murder of comedy? The recently category of "androgyne/trans/non-binary" calls actor’s role t

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Nov 21, 2015.

1. FieldingMellish, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015

FieldingMellish Suspended

I learned the letter count beyond which MacRumor's titles get clipped.

It's "More PC murder of comedy? The recently category of "androgyne/trans/non-binary" calls actor’s role the equivalent of black face."

Tired of terrorism and migrant talk? Well, back to alternative lifestyles and the PC juggernaut.

Benedict Cumberbatch, celebrated for his role playing a gay mathematician, (or a mathematician who happens to be gay) is under fire for his comedic role in the upcoming Zoolander II.

Humor can be over the top, but to an outraged group is it verboten when they feel they are being maligned, going so far as to say it’s like black face.

I think it’s a scam outrage. In Hollywood, there is no bad news, because any news is better than being ignored. And we learned that all the latest subcategories of sexuality want to make their presence known. I mean, who ever knew there was such a thing as androgyne/trans/non-binary? Guess what? Now you know.

Because Cumberbatch is seen but for the second or two in the trailer, I think that it’s false outrage being used to promote a Hollywood movie, perhaps more so than a group feels being maligned. A match made in heaven for it’s cross objectives.

(An afterthought upon seeing it reminds me of Ziggy Stardust. Is anything original anymore?)

Ultimately, it is PC Outrage that is being parodied, becoming the butt of jokes. It's jumped the shark.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/outrage-watch-benedict-cumberbatch-is-at-the-center-of-a-new-controversy

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Where do you even find these obscure articles to be outraged over the outrage?

3. Happybunny macrumors 68000

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

Are you saying you are offended by all the offended people who are offended by all the offended people? That's racist!

5. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Yes...... and now get off my ******* lawn!:mad:

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

For only $99 you can buy Meister's guide to keeping people off your lawn and poor children out of your abandoned amusment park.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Time to boycott SNL. Julia Sweeney's character "Pat" was extremely offensive and traumatizing. /s

Seriously, Jerry Seinfeld and other top comedians won't play universities anyone because Social Justice Fascists have infiltrated the Academy at all levels. They are a Fifth Column of annoying stupidity.

9. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Joan Rivers, RIP. I never cared for Joan Rivers crude humor, but, I will defend to her death her right to say it.

http://www.npr.org/2014/09/04/34527...-who-turned-tragedy-into-showbiz-success-dieshttp://www.npr.org/2014/09/04/34527...-who-turned-tragedy-into-showbiz-success-dies

There is a place for offensive, bad-taste humor. Authoritarian governments and social institutions hate biting satire because it does, in fact, undermine their authority. I don't know how far this "safe zone" thing has spread in academia, but, it would be rather self-defeating for students to ban one of the very tools, humor, that is effective against bad governance.

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

"I don't get it. My "what's the deal with" jokes killed in the 90's. They are timeless classics. It must be the audiences fault"

11. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

With all the screen glitz, the only part that ticked my funny bone somewhat was, "Throw me the knife!" Partly out of a childish affinity for the 3 Stooges.

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You think Seinfeld is your parent's comedy? I'd hate to hear your opinion of George Carlin and Richard Pryor; two comics who would mine pure comedy gold from the idiocy of the Social Justice Fascists.

Incidentally, Louis C.K. has raged against the Social Justice Fascists as well. Is he contemporary enough for you?

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Not at all. Just washed up. Seinfeld was funny but he has struggled since. Bee movie was a terrible flop and things haven't looked up from there. Comedians in cars getting coffee was oK but meh. I just have little time for comedians who blame their audiences for bombing.

Is he the guy that stars in a sitcom that is a cross between Seinfeld, two and a half men, and full house?

14. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Au contraire. The comedians aren't bombing. They're not bothering to show up for a PC heckle-prone and inventively outraged peanut gallery.

15. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

"Bee movie was a comedic masterpiece. Toddlers and tweens were just to PC to appreciate it"

16. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Bee Movie didn't attract the dollars out of my wallet, prompting me to pass on it. So I cannot comment, other than to say that kind of entertainment is not stand up.

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It wasn't sit down comedy either!

*boom tish*

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

We take ourselves too seriously that's why we can't have good comedy anymore

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You know Meister, sometimes we vehemently disagree on topics here, yet every once in a while you put my laptop in grave danger of taking a coffee bath as I laugh uncontrollably at your unique brand of curmudgeon-ism.

Cheers

20. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Another movie getting some criticism in a similar vein is The Danish Girl. Some criticize that they hired Oscar award-winning actor Eddie Redmayne to play a transgender person and not hired an actual transgender person.

What's the fuss? In our time, we've seen a black actor play Ralph Kramden, so anything goes, right?

21. sim667 macrumors 65816

I think they article in the OP means that the characterisation is more offensive, not the fact is the man playing the character.

22. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

You only hear squeaking of mischaracterization from the left. That’s why we’re seeing intolerance for comedy. Nothing less is acceptable than being perpetually knighted for being gay, transgender, whatever.

23. sim667 macrumors 65816

I'm not sure the author announces their political leanings at any point in the article.

Please feel free to show me otherwise.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    QUIT DESEXUALIZING DIFFERENTLY ABLED, DEMIROMANTIC AND GYNEPHILE-SUPPORTING FREEGANISTS, YOU NON-ETHNIC-NORMATIVE CIS-GENDERED HETERO-NORMATIVE TRANSPHOBES!

25. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

What date was the term cisgender minted and by whom?