More photos are stored in iCloud Photo Library than are actually accessible on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by j-a-x, Oct 22, 2014.

1. j-a-x, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

When I go int iCloud settings on my Mac (or Windows machine at work, ugh), it says that there are 1065 photos in my iCloud Photo Library which take up 6.3 GB, however on my phone there are only 645.

When I go into iCloud settings on my phone there are no pending photos waiting to be downloaded. Same with my iPad, 645 photos in my photo library.

When I go to the iCloud photos website there are also only 645 photos.

I've tried rebooting both devices, logging in and out of iCloud, etc. Still there are only 645.

The only way I see the missing photos is by plugging my iPhone into my Mac and going to the "Image Capture" app. Inside Image Capture I see (and can download) all of the missing photos which don't show up on my iPhone/iPad/iCloud Website. I however cannot delete them, and I am worried they will be forever taking up some of my storage space that I can't clear up.

Has anybody encountered this type of issue, and if so, have you found a fix yet?

iCloud.png
    iCloud2.png
    iCloud3.png

2. mpfuchs macrumors regular

mpfuchs

How many pictures are in your "deleted" folder?

3. j-a-x thread starter macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Zero. I did the "delete all" option on all of my deleted photos (aka emptied the trash).