More rumblings of a BIG MacWorld...

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
interesting.. i know there are a lotta threads to post this in.. but have bigger things traditionally been introduced at mwny or mwsf? i know that the iMac was released at mwny cause it was my birthday :D ...

i think the pbg4 was released @ mwsf... is this right? however.. the newer iMac was released @ mwsf too.. so... any comments?

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Yea...

I went to both those MWSF. I remember in 2001, we got the PBG4, and G4s at 733MHz with iDVD and the Superdrive.

This years MWSF sucked, all we got was a new iMac.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i can remember the first time i ever saw an imac in my life (it was on tv) n i was like WOW! cuz i thought they looked so cool, n i was like "darn, they should include a floppy drive" back then lol, n i thought they were probably like really expensive :S lol

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Yea...

Originally posted by MacAztec

This years MWSF sucked, all we got was a new iMac.
Now that's silly. The new iMac has totally change the perspective of personal computing, again. This was a great innovation and I hope to see more from Apple in the future.

As for MWNY, who knows? We'll probably see a new pro line G4, maybe some new hardware in other lines, but the killer will be the apps and QT6 (if they get the whole MPEG-4 issue resolved). A MW show doesn't have to rely on hardware to be a success in my book.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Duke

Duke, what I meant when I said it sucked was that I already knew what was coming out.

They had pictures of it online, and had it up all over San Francisco before the show had even opened! It was dumb because in '01, I had NO clue what was coming.

Then, they stunned me with the TiBook and iDVD and the Superdrive!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Duke

Ah, well hopefully this will be a stunner even though we have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get. And besides, I don't think you're going to see the new desktop design before the show, especially after the Time Canada fiasco in January. I'm really looking forward to it, even though there probably won't be a G5. I'm not in the market to buy a new machine until next year anyway, so I can wait.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Duke

Duke, what I meant when I said it sucked was that I already knew what was coming out.

They had pictures of it online, and had it up all over San Francisco before the show had even opened! It was dumb because in '01, I had NO clue what was coming.

you should stop reading rumor sites if you want to be surprised... :)

arn

jamesbhai

macrumors member
May 20, 2002
Boston
amen

amen, arn. we want to be surprised, then we look for any clue as to what the potential surprises are, eventually being 'disappointed' with products the general public is surprised about or that the reality is not what had been over-rumored.

Gelfin

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2001
Denver, CO
Re: Re: Duke

Originally posted by arn

you should stop reading rumor sites if you want to be surprised... :)

arn
Heh. You should stop reading Time Canada if you want to be surprised. ;)

Actually, it's fair to say that I want to be surprised, but that's not going to stop me from shaking the presents.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
in response to Aztec:

don't we almost always have a clue as to what's going to announce?

ever since I started coming to this site...I have yet to be blown away by a big surprise...we always have a clue...no matter how vague it may be...

he he he... :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: in response to Aztec:

Originally posted by eyelikeart

ever since I started coming to this site...I have yet to be blown away by a big surprise...we always have a clue...no matter how vague it may be...
Sort of fits into the law of probabilities there. If there are enough rumors, then some of them are bound to be right. That's the case here, and its easy to go back and see which were correct and others that were way off. Its much harder trying to figure out which ones to believe...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Re: Re: in response to Aztec:

Originally posted by dukestreet
Its much harder trying to figure out which ones to believe...
true...there have been those few instances where we just knew what was coming out...

it becomes quite easy also when u follor what's available from the Apple Store... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.