more sound coming out of left speaker then the right?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dsprimal, May 28, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i feel like i hear more from the left side of my mbp then the right. either that or my right ear is clogged with tons of nasty stuff......ive picked my ear (sorry for TMI) but its not working, so im pretty sure i hear more out of the left speaker. is this normal? i read something before saying theirs a "left speaker biased" or w/e

thanks all.

2. celticpride678

System Preferences>Sound>Output tab and change the Balance between the left and right speaker.

3. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

its in the middle, always has been. i really hope i got tons of ear wax in my right ear lmao :p

4. celticpride678

If it's perfectly in the middle, then either it is an issue with the speakers or you are just thinking that one is louder than the other.

5. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

yeah i think i might be. im testing out tons of songs to see if it was just the song i was listening to. good thing i use headphones most of the time ;)

6. eatmyshade macrumors member

eatmyshade

try getting someone else opinion? dont tell em which one you think is louder...if they notice it then yea something is wrong with your comp or song

7. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

good idea

8. Str8edgepunker macrumors 6502

Actually it should sound like more sound is coming out of the right speaker than the left. It's because the "subwoofer" is placed near the upper right of the trackpad. I'll admit, I did know about this before I got mine and am a little annoyed that they haven't gotten it placed better since the older aluminum Powerbooks, but oh well. It's still ridiculously fast.

Here's the article on it: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3336

9. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

thanks for the article! i knew it was something like that.

10. magamo macrumors 6502

Hmm. Can you just turn back and see if the problem is due to your ear or mac? Or maybe you can turn your mac 180 degree.

Joking aside, I just played with the slide bar for the left and right balance and found out slight shift isn't noticeable to me. If sound is obviously shifted to the left, maybe it's really a hardware problem.