More Teasers...

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
I'm counting...

This is unbelievable... Apple has never done this....

I sure hope its a G5, but i doubt it... maybe a new iMac...

BUT.. what if its something TOTALLY different? Something nobody thought of? Not a G5, a new iMac, or not even an iPDA?

Just think... just think....

Big, even by Apple's standards.... im counting, im counting.

irmongoose

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
Apple has never so heavily advertised mwsf on their site, with all this hype - it has to be big. i think that we'll probably see the flatpanel imac, mabye mabye mabye a G5 and something else that no-one's been expecting. It would be irresponsible of Apple to post such extravagent comments on their site and then to only come out with a flatpanel iMac or a g5. i bet they've had something else in the works that's really going to impress. Apple are trying to impress at the moment, the new 27 cool retail stores (expecting a loss) and the iPod... They're trying to get noticed and what we see at mwsf will fit in with this...

As noted on this and other sites, the keynote will be broadcast live in QuickTime: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf02/ at 9AM PT. If you don't know your local comparison - a good site is: http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/search/time.html

Narrowband users who can't cope with the live qtv stream should try http://www.macminute.com/ during the keynote, they'll have a live transcript...

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
hmm

I hope we see a G4 version of the Cube and G5 Minitowers.

As in a G4Cube to take over the current G4 Market, and the G5 to be slightly more expensive and be in the current minitower design.

[Edited by Ensign Paris on 01-01-2002 at 09:02 AM]

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Flop :(

The last Expo was a flop and didn't do very well, Apple didn't boast about how good or big it was going to be, infact it was just the usual.

I think Apple are making up for that and trying to get back to the cult feeling.

Come on apple do us proud!

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
NOT JUST TO MAKE UP FOR LAST TIME

I don't think this is just to make up for last time.

there were other expos which weren't that good, and they didn't do something this big...

So, it is not jst to make up for last time...

it MUST be more than that...

irmongoose

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
OH MY FREAKIN' GOSH !!!!

The thought that Apple has finally fixed every bug, under contract to Microsoft, in Windows 3.1 is ....

UTTERLY AMAZING !!!!

Wow !!! Golly gee !! My, oh my !

grin ;)

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
Last expo was a flop....

I still wish people would stop whining about the last expo. Again, the TOP END machine, the G4 733 (prior to expo) dropped to the price slot of the LOW END machine and the new top end machine has 800 MHz processors --- TWO OF THEM.

How is that lame??? I still just don't understand!

blakespot

S

Supermike

What if "Big" means "Large"? A huge cinema display or something like that? I'm trying to think of other things that would be physically big, but can't think of any.

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Last Expo

Last Expo was good but it wasn't as good as others, the QuickSilver was amazing but weren't we all waiting for 1ghz?

setanor

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2001
it's...

the iQuanta!

the world's first quantum computer. plus a machine that makes wormholes. and a plaid imac.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I don't think this amazing thing is the imac because it isn't that groundbreaking even though it might be released. I think it will be something more groundbreaking than an LCD monitor and a CPU stuck together

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
Power Server

Meet the "Big" Apple Power Server, with 4 Quad Processor G5's running a 1.5GHZ, 4 native firewire hot swap drive bays with 120GB each, 2 hot swap power supplies, gigawire, AIT II Tape Backup, Dual Channel 1gigbit Ethernet, 8GB RAM, SuperDrive and a cool glowing apple logo on the front running at 100 Gigaflops.

... damn, I just woke up.

[Edited by marco114 on 01-01-2002 at 11:29 AM]

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
Apple down?

anyone notice that Apple's site is not responding? Nothing about it is.. Maybe, just maybe they are getting the site up and running on the new Power Server?

[Edited by marco114 on 01-01-2002 at 11:38 AM]

marco114

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2001
USA
STORM MACWORLD!

Let's get like 20 people togetther and Storm the Macworld Expo the day before and see what's under those black curtains!!!

Z

zim

does anyone know why apple is not responding? it seems that the whole network is down.

JoeCanadian

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2002
Could it be to boost attendance

I don't doubt there will be some very cool products announced at MWSF, but could the additional hype that Apple is pouring on be an attempt to boost conference attendance? Does anyone know the projected attendance figures for this year compared to other years? Many other conferences this fall have suffered from dramatic drops in attendance.

newamiga

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2001
Wonder if Apple.com hacked?

Ok guys here is a wild one but Apple.com down.. could it be that they were actually hacked and those teasers weren't theirs ? Or maybe the response to the teasers is just too much for their web servers.. kinda wierd though that even my mac.com email is down.. real strange that everything would be down at once...

joey j

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2001
Re: Last expo was a flop....

And a happy new year to everyone! My break from macrumors.com was much
refreshing. So, back to work:

blakespot> How is that lame??? I still just don't understand!

Users might often be waiting on one thread? Although Intel's moving in the opposite direction with hyperthreading, so there's something to be said both ways.

M

MichiganJS

Apple's Back

http://www.apple.com is back, but e-mail is still out... My guess is that they really are moving to much, much, much larger servers in anticipation of next week. I mean, there could be millions and millions watching the webcast!!! You've gotta' be prepared...

(My guess: Apple and Sony become one = A slew of insanely great new digital appliances - 5 or more - appear on the showfloor on day one. A digital camera, some kind of set-top box, and some things that are so creative I can't envision them just yet. Also count on Quicktime6 being announced, if not completed. This will ship with MPEG4, and coincide with the MPEG4 class the following wednesday.)

Is anyone else here lining up outside the Moscone at 2am? I got me a press pass this year, so I'll actually get to see his Steveness up close and personal this time around (as opposed to postage-stamp sized and studdering like a virgin in a stip club).