More voter fraud - this time in CA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewitt, Nov 4, 2016.

1. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...inds-dozens-ballots-stacked-outside-home.html

I wonder if I can vote absentee 83 times...

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

3. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Yep, that'll definitely make California turn red. :rolleyes:

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Republican, Democrat, Independent, Party of the Moon God/Godess. Commit voter fraud, get the rope.

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's an interesting case, though it shows not fraud, but the potential for fraud.

The Calif. registrar called it "an isolated situation related to a system error that occurred causing duplicate ballots to be issued to an address entered for a single voter."

Now, if someone had voted with these ballots and then turned them in, either the voting system would have detected 86 votes from the same person, or they would have had to generate 86 eligible identities. In either case, the vote likely would have been rejected.

In most states, all absentee ballots are considered provisional until they're checked against eligible voting records. So, this scam wouldn't work to defraud the ballot.

Moreover, this illustrates how facile the voter ID laws are—which happen to affect millions of minority voters—when good law would strengthen the voter registration system to ensure that sanity checks are always included to ensure the vote is protected.

As for the knock against unauthorized immigrants, that's just the usual prejudice spooned into a misunderstanding of how the voting system generally works.

6. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I saw that article the other day.
    Votes weren't sent in so technically it is not fraud. I do wonder why no one at the post office didn't raise a flag. How do you deliver 83 ballots to the same address with 83 different names?

7. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

Only because someone else at that apartment complex picked up the ballots before the criminals arrived.

I wonder how many hundreds or even thousands of these bundles were delivered around the state and actually picked up by the criminal voters.

I also wonder why the postal workers did not say something as they processed this mail... Postal workers on the take here too?

No wonder everyone says California is a lock for Hillary. I smell Soros and the Clinton Cabal all over this one.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm not sure other than pick up and delivery would the post office be able to. The majority of USPS is automated. If anything that many ballots with the same address should be picked up by the county board of elections. Situations like this is in part of why I'm in favor of in person voting only with the exception of military.

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I loathe the Clintons too but we can't just assume what you suggested. If we don't have proof, we can't accuse anyone for trying to commit fraud. It could have been just a glitch.

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Yeah, the fact that it was delivered in a giant stack is weird.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes the smell smells like a big screw up but it must be a Clinton fraud. talk about a witch hunt.

12. chown33 macrumors 604

Voting in person wouldn't change the ability to register 80+ people at the same address. Not one bit.

The check against that kind of thing is a database check that the address used is capable of having the number of people with that address actually reside there. In other words it's an IT authentication problem, not a problem with mail-in voting.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Right. It's a solvable problem and it really illustrates that if you want to protect the sanctity of the vote, you need robust systems for registration and vote clearing.

14. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

Yeah, that's the absolutely only reason why Hillary Clinton will win California. Don't look at those silly polls that have her way ahead.

15. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

All those polls are part of the Soros cabal. Don't you read your newsletters?

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Using Saul Alinksy tactics.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

What criminals? If it was a malfunction in the database or printing, no one would be coming to pick them up. Ironically the only "criminal" in this story is the guy who picked up and diverted mail that wasn't mailed to him or his personal address. It was his neighbors.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The fix is on its way, Hillary is going to take office even if it kills people.

19. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

He did write the playbook that the left uses.

20. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

Yeah...right. I don't believe that for a second.

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Chemical castration would be better.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It's not a religion. There's only facts of a case involved. Thus your beliefs don't enter into it. Plus your beliefs have been proven wrong before.

23. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

It couldn't be that a majority of people think Trump is a worse candidate. It has to be that it's fixed.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

ACORN! ACORN! ACORN!

25. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Wouldn't be the first time Hillary rigged an election, poor Bernie.