more voters see Obama as worst president

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 5, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.msn.com/us/us-poll-more-voters-see-obama-as-worst-president-in-modern-times
    glad to see the last 2 major war criminals getting picked as the worst.
    polls are meaningless, BOTH Bush & Obama should be in GITMO sharing a cell or turned over the countries they have bombed so they can stand trial there. impeaching does NOTHING, cLINTON GOT impeached & the man is out there giving speeches as if he is someone to be proud off :mad:

2. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Clinton's impeachment was a joke.

Also, saying he's the worst since WW2? It just goes to show you that they don't really know a lot about what our other presidents have done, or maybe they don't care. I'm not saying Obama has been great, or even good, but he certainly isn't the worst.

Edit: Same goes for Bush being the rank he is.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

impeaching Clinton did nothing at all, man still served out his term.

4. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

I was more saying that the reason for impeaching him was a joke.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lying under oath is a joke?
    obstruction of justice a joke?

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?

Yeah, he did lie in front of congress. The fact that said congress felt the need to launch a full scale investigation and waste tons of time, effort, and resources into figuring out if the president got a BJ from an intern in the Oval Office is totally beside the point.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

agreed, that part should have been just between him & his wife, he decided to lie about it instead

8. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Np, the investigation into him getting a BJ in the oval office was a joke. And that's what started it all.

Time they could have spent, I don't know, legislating.

But, according to them, the sex life of the President was much more important.

9. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Impeachment is a two-part process: Clinton was impeached as a sort of indictment, but when someone is indicted, they are legally innocent of all charges until convicted. Same with impeachment: they had to complete the process and convict him of the charges, which they failed to do. This is one reason the House has not attempted to impeach this president, they know the Senate (where the trial would occur) would not convict him.

10. Gutwrench macrumors 68000

Gutwrench

I thought impeachment was merely bringing charges or an accusation against a president and had nothing to do with whether the charges were sustained or not.

11. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I see it as stupid begetting stupid. He lied, no doubt about that. That's never a good thing for a president to do in front of congress. But what was it over? A hummer? It's not like the security and wellbeing of the United States hinges upon our presidents remaining faithful to their spouses during their term. Why was it taken in front of congress in the first place?

It was petty politics at its most petty. A show for the voters, rather than a search for justice.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Partisan BS, the republican answer to getting back in the WH was *******look how bad the democrat is********* as opposed to ***look how good we are & what we can do for the Country********* in other words ****** we are the "lesser" Evil *******
    BOTH sides play that stupid game & the low information voters along with the party loyalist buy it every freaking time

13. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

By the way, Reagan was a much worse President than Obama... and I'm not even talking from an economic or social standpoint. I'm talking from a Foreign Policy standpoint where he helped to create a group that would go on to cause the deaths of so many people.

14. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Surely he isn't as bad as W Bush? I mean that guy was a complete moron.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

like Obama is doing NOW? Arming Al-queda, Syrian rebels, Libyan rebels, drone bombing civilians in other countries

16. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Yes, Obama is doing a lot of horrible things. I still think the man that made the monster is worse than the man that's feeding it.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

America: where we impeach the President for lying about a blow job but don't impeach the President who fabricates evidence that he then used to start a war that was responsible for the deaths of thousands of American soldiers and hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Gotta love America and it's backwards priorities.

This poll is hilarious too and just goes to show how much Americans only care about what's happening today and don't know **** about history. It's like when you read twitter after a football game and some guy makes a decent catch and everyone's like "OOHHHH BEST CATCH EVAAAAAARRR!" Yeah.. best catch ever.. today.

Obama's **** the bed on tons of stuff. He's pretty much become another republican on most issues since he took office. But there's no way in hell he's the worst President we've had since WWII. I'd give that one to Reagan easily.. his policies are what directly led to creating the economic climate that caused the massive recession of the past 7 years.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What like Saint Ronnie actually did?

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

WORSE, Obama was SUPPOSED to end the wars, close GITMO, instead he started sending love missiles into libya, armed rebels as he saw fit, sold out to wall street , crapped on the Constitution with the P-Act extension & passed the NDAA, you know pretty much the OPPOSITE of what he campaigned on

----------

are you implying Obama is only TRYING & not actually "doing" it?

20. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that 67% of Americans DONT think Obama is the worst president since ww2?

21. Southern Dad, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Clinton committed perjury. In a deposition he clearly stated that he had never been alone with Monica Lewinsky and that had never had sexual relations with her. Paula Jones was trying to sue President Clinton for sexual harassment. His perjury helped to get her case thrown out saying that she was unable to demonstrate that he had a track record of doing it.

No bit deal, right? After all, it was just a little lie. Eventually, President Clinton entered into an out of court settlement with Paula Jones, paying her $850,000. On January 19, 2001, President Clinton agreed to a five year suspension of his law license.

Is it right for anyone, let alone a sitting President to commit perjury? It is amazing to me that anyone supports William Jefferson Clinton after this. Not only is it now known that he committed perjury, that he is an adulterer but also sexual harassment?

There is no doubt that the President Clinton committed perjury but in a party line vote, the Senate decided to not remove him from office. That's our system. If he's our guy or gal, circle the wagons. If it is not, gather the firing squad.

22. chown33 macrumors 604

Getting your targets mixed up?

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

depends on how you play with the numbers, if you want to go that way, more think that Bush was better than Obama:D

24. Michael Goff, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

And Liebeck was awarded 640,000 dollars for hot coffee spilling on her lap. Yes, there was a defect in the cup and yes the coffee was actually hotter than it should have been. But 640k? And that's after it was taken down from the 2.7 million dollars it initially was.

Why do I bring this up, you might be asking.

The dollar amount, whether it be through settlement or awarded, does not really mean much of anything.

----------

Well, that's because he was. I don't like those years, but Obama has proven quite well that he is actually to the right of Bush.

Yes, you read that right.

Obama is more right-wing than Bush.

I could explain it more if you'd like.

25. chown33 macrumors 604

It wasn't completely a party line vote. Largely, yes. Completely, no.

Specifically, the D's were party-line, but the R's weren't. Look here for the R's that voted "Not guilty":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Senate_votes
    It's a live list, so you can sort it by Party and look for the yellow items under the R's.