Most aesthetically pleasing iPhone in your opinion?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moargolems, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Most aesthetically pleasing iPhone

1. The original iPhone (2G)

24 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. iPhone 3G / 3GS

20 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. iPhone 4 / 4S

141 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. iPhone 5 / 5S

194 vote(s)
    48.3%
  5. iPhone 5C

23 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. moargolems, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013

moargolems macrumors regular

Which is the most aesthetically pleasing iPhone to date in your opinion? I must say the iPhone 4 and 4S have one of the most beautiful designs ever seen on a mobile phone.

EDIT: Oh damnit, I forgot 5C from the list! Can I add it some how afterwards?

[MOD NOTE]
    Added the 5C option

2. sjperformance macrumors 6502

3. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I think the 4/4s was such a leap in industrial design, it was and still is a design unseen in the rest of the industry. The precision in detail and the quality of material was almost unimaginable to be part of a mass consumer product.

The iPhone 5/5s is very good too, but it's more of an iteration on the 4 rather than a complete leap like the 4 was over the 3G. Additionally the back of the 5 with the glass panels and assymetrically aligned camera detract from the overall design.

4. DannyDrama macrumors regular

The black 5. I just love the way it looks. I own over 15 cases for it, yet it remains naked and it excellent condition.

5. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Whilst the 5 design is slowly growing on me, I think the classic design in years to come will be the 4/4S

6. Valkyre macrumors 6502

my favorites in order from best to worst:

5c - this phone screams "character" to me. love the feel love the customization that comes with it.
    4/4s - it was shockingly improved compared to the 3g/3gs models
    5/5s - its only third on my list only because the redesign wasnt as radical as the one 4/4s did. + the scuff gate was really ugly aesthetically...
    3g/3gs - last but not least.

7. Fedmahn Kassad macrumors regular

I think that a lot of people are suffering from "new stuff bias."

The 5/5S do not look as good as the 4 did at launch, in my opinion. When that thing came out, it blew people away. The 5 looks good but not in the same way and not to the same degree.

8. Warcake macrumors regular

Definitely the 4/4s, especially the white one. It just screams class and sex. If it wasn't for the 5's larger display, I'd still be on the 4s right now.

9. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I enjoy the looks and feel of the 5 in black. Although if they made the 5s in black & gold as well as white & gold, I would go with that.

10. tann macrumors 68000

I thought the 4/4S for a long long time, to me it was years ahead of the competition and the only other phone that's come close has been the HTC One.

However when Apple showed us the 5/5S I cannot believe they 'beat' the 4/4S. At first I was sceptical due to it's thinness, metal back and weight but after owning the 5 for near a year it really is a leap forward. I just don't see how they can make it much better with a rumored larger 6. Can't wait to see what happens. :apple:

11. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

That'd be really gaudy...that is, in my imagination. And gaudy in a different way than how the colorful 5c might be considered gaudy. I doubt apple would do that.

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I also think people are biased by their use of the devices.

I MUCH prefer the feel of the 5 in my hand, but I still voted for the 4 because it really did look amazing. (And that's what "aesthetically pleasing" is all about!)

13. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

I can't help thinking this poll might be distorted just a little bit in favour of the 5S because it just came out. In the same way as those "best album/movie/book of all time" articles always seem to favour some recent stuff.

Even though I have a gold 5S and love it, in terms of pure design, my vote still goes for the 4S, which I think will still be seen as a design classic in years to come.

14. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

A white 32GB iPhone 3GS was a joy to own and use, back in the day.

15. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

16. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I doubt they would as well. But here is a mock up of one I did. I realize you may not like it but I thought it looked good.

Attached Files:

17. Jman13 macrumors 68000

It's really a tossup for me.. I voted for the 4, just because it was such a leap over what had been offered earlier, and I think the black 4/4S still looks so good. The white on the other hand, was pretty bland (I owned a white 4S...over time I grew less enamored with that choice).

The 5/5S looks a little more refined as well, and is really close, and in some ways better. One thing I think is definitely better is that all of the color variations from this body style look fantastic, IMO...slate, silver, gold, space gray. All look good. Really good. I had a black/slate 5 and now have a gold 5s, and they both are quite slick in very different ways.

18. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

The black iPhone 5 is the best looking phone out of all of them, but I ended up buying the white one because the black one looks terrible when it scuffs.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From a visual aesthetic perspective, I like the 5c the most, maybe because its different then prior iPhones but I like it.

Internally I'm underwhelmed though. I'll stick with my iPhone 5 at this point

20. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

21. eyoungren, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Oh heck no!

Sorry, but I waited an entire year after Sprint got the iPhone just to avoid those models and go with the iPhone 5.

The 4/4s is a great iPhone, but I have never liked it's design. That stainless steel band should have been solid black. It's short and it's thick and the back glass had the real bad habit of breaking.

Most iPhone 4/4s owners also seemed obsessed with making sure that their iPhones were encased in one of those fugly neon bumpers. Others just had to put them in Otterboxes or other cases where it's impossible to even tell that it's an iPhone. It made what I already dislike about as fugly as you can get.

No. The iPhone 5. Solid black (including the band), no back glass. The back is metal! And it is NOT thick or short. Much better looking!

Incidentally, I like the 3GS too (I have one) but the iPhone 5 is the best looking in my opinion.

I'd say the 5s too, but Apple took away black so…no.

22. tgmn macrumors member

tgmn

Exactly this, it was my favorite iPhone. I am considering getting a white 5C because it's a nice throwback to the white 3GS I loved so much.

23. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

the 5/5s is the best phone from a screen size and power standpoint, plus LTE is now a must have.

That being said I miss my 3G/3Gs, that phone is what made me love iPhones! The curved back plastic was so smooth to hold and use. However I couldn't imagine using the lower def. screen or even being on a 3G data feed.

24. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

4S, but the tiny screen is antiquated now. I am not a fan of the 5/5C/5S series at all, so skipping them.