Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanDerMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
To me: iPhone 6 Plus in space grey...I don't know if I should use it or frame it. Haven't seen one in person but judging from pictures the space grey is stunningly beautiful. What's your favourite?

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
To me: iPhone 6 Plus in space grey...I don't know if I should use it or frame it. Haven't seen one in person but judging from pictures the space grey is stunningly beautiful. What's your favourite?

Subjective question is subjective. White.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Silver and Space Grey to me are both extremely good looking. If I got a 6, I'd probably get it in silver. I don't really like how the white bands clash with the gold back though.

I ordered the 6+ in Space Grey though as with a phone that large, I want to draw as little attention as possible to the bezels!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I like black, but that's not an option and I have a green iPhone 5c, so there you have it. Color choice is quite subjective.

jjp007

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
TexASS
Silver and Space Grey to me are both extremely good looking. If I got a 6, I'd probably get it in silver. I don't really like how the white bands clash with the gold back though.

I ordered the 6+ in Space Grey though as with a phone that large, I want to draw as little attention as possible to the bezels!

My reasoning too. Coming from the gold 5s.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i'd prefer black.

however, since i put a phantomskinz on it anyways, it doesn't really matter. i guess what matters more to me is the face color and i wanted black not white.

even if the gold and silver had a black face, i still woulda picked grey as it's closer to black.

GummiBjorn

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2013
Space Grey will be best for viewing movies. Black front will be less distracting and give better contrasts. However, I still can't decide between the three colors. They all look so nice.

Derrickk

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Coming from a gold 5s, I think the space gray is by far the most beautiful. It looks extremely sleek, especially with a dark background like the one Apple advertises with the purple flower. It wasn't a hard decision at all

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
When the screen is on you can't see the black lines that are all the way around the phone like you can on the gold and silver models. You also can't see the camera and sensor on the front, the black is best.

I know it's no good but when the screen is off on the space grey model it looks like the whole of the front of the phone is the screen!

ScottM1988

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2012
I couldn't decide between grey and gold. Went with gold in the end due to looking at the state of the charging ports on the space grey iPhone 5s models in apple store. They looked horribly scratched whereas gold and silver looked pretty good.
I have OCD so any scratching would have bugged the hell out of me so went with a gold iphone 6 plus 64gb in the end.
Happy so far but final decision will be made when I have it in my hand.
Can't wait sooooo excited

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
The antenna bands looks hideous on the gold model, they stick out like a sore thumb. And yes, the antenna bands don't look great on any model.

I actually think the antenna bands make it look the best of the three. It looks sharp like it was planned. The back antenna bands on the grey look terrible IMO.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
I think both the space grey and white/silver look incredible.

The space grey more so when the screen is off and you get that continuous black glass look right across, and the white/silver when the screen is on and you're in one of the stock apps which are mostly white.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I'd be happy with silver or grey. I've had both in the past. The only one I couldn't do is gold. Gold is ugly.

----------

What a rediculous statement. Because it's black it looks like an android phone? Other than rounded edges how does it differ from any other black iphone face?

I'm pretty sure the original iPhone had that look first anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.