Most Cases Do Not Protect the Camera on the iPhone. Is the lens scratch proof?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Nov 5, 2011.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

is the camera lens on the iphone 4s scratch proof?

i would imagine that sliding the phone in and out of ones pocket , laying it on a table, daily use , etc. would scratch it up some..however most of the cases out there do nothing to protect the camera so im guessing the lens is scratch proof?

anybody have more info on the durability of iphone 4s camera lens

2. threezero macrumors 6502

most cases does not lie flush with the back of the iphone. thus whatever that may scratch your phone should scratch the case first.

my iphone 4 is 1 yr old and no scratch from taking it in and out of pocket.

you might ran a 0.000000000001% of dropping the phone and it landing on something sharp right where the camera is.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The camera lens is no harder than the back of the iPhone and it AND the back will scratch.

4. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

Trust me, someday it will scratch. “If it can happen, it will happen.”

I’m surprised that no case manufacturer has created a case with a little piece of plastic that could slide in front of the lens. Much like the little slider that protects the Samsung Galaxy S USB connector.
    [​IMG]

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

The lens/flash are covered by the back plate, and Apple can replace the back plate for $29, so I probably wouldn't worry too much about it (I never have). i.e. the lens/flash aren't exposed. Plus even if you DID scratch the heck out of the back plate, you'd likely not even be able to tell in pictures due to the aperture being fairly large.