Most Katrina Aid From Overseas Went Unclaimed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 28, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

wash post

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I'll say it again: when a guy who thinks government itself is a worthless endeavour is elected to run said government, don't be surprised when that government becomes worthless.

...or...

George Bush doesn't care about black people.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'll say both of those are true. :mad:

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Can these people do anything right? Seriously. Between this and the buildings falling apart in Iraq, I wonder if they aren't just trying to screw this stuff up. Seriously, I'm terrified to find out what they're going to do (or not do) next.

Sadly, I'm still not surprised in the least.

5. Queso macrumors G4

$249m to a cruise line? Even if they'd had to use those ships for the five weeks until the free ones arrived from Greece it would have slashed the eventual spend somewhat. And they didn't want to use British search and rescue teams, which are amongst the most experienced in the world?

WTF? Seriously, that is not government. No wonder Iraq's in such a mess if these are the values being exported.

I really hope those that were chanting "Four more years" back in 2004 are paying attention.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Half of them are. The other half are still saying it because poor people are lazy and Saddam was responsible for 9/11. Not sure how this will be spun, but I'm sure it will be.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there you go. you've found the one thing that this administration is good at. well used to be good at. i think many people are waking up. at least i'd hope so.