Most of the Artworks Disappeared (Moving Library from Win to Mac)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by CEnTR4L, Apr 29, 2008.

1. CEnTR4L macrumors member

hello forum

I'm a new switcher, I moved my whole iTunes library from Win to Mac manually including playlists.

once browsing the songs I've noticed that many of the artwork songs I've ripped is disappeared...

I have putted lot of work collecting/scanning the artworks for it (which is hard to find)

is there any way to getting it back where it belongs?
    if not:
    is there any chance that there's a software would export my complete library in itunes Win then paste it here in Mac?

2. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

well if the music is still on your Win PC what i suggest you do is copy again including all files (not just iTunes Music Folder) but whole iTunes folder...

otherwise ask iTunes to download for you Advanced --> Get album artwork...

3. officerdick macrumors regular

All the missing ones are the ones iTunes automaticly fetched, I'm affraid you have to fetch them again, as they are not storred in the same way as manually added album artwork.

4. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Exactly. I went through the same thing. Since they're just the ones iTunes fetched, just do a Select All and tell iTunes to fetch again. It may take a while depending on your library size, but it'll fix what disappeared when you moved. If you want to avoid this in the future, search here for a script to embed artwork. You just select tracks that iTunes fetched artwork for, and it embeds it in the file. Good luck.

5. CEnTR4L thread starter macrumors member

I've tried that already, the thing is some album (already in iTunes store) but does not download such as Meteora - Linkin Park

and I have many albums from Arabian Gulf countries which iTunes don't sell most of them...

thats why I'm wondering if there's software would copy Win library artworks to paste them in Mac

6. DarkHeraldMage macrumors 6502a

DarkHeraldMage

Not that I know of. But there's also absolutely no reason why iTunes wouldn't automatically grab art for Linkin Park's album "Meteora" unless you have it labeled/spelled differently. Had the artwork been added properly on the windows side, it would've automatically been copied over when you moved the files. Not sure what was done to circumvent that.