Most of us have been through this numerous times(preorders).

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steve686, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Judging by the numerous threads about the preorders, many people that were in the "15+ minute" after preorders 'officially' went live have expected delivery dates after September 16th.

What we've seen in the past is that many, many, many of these orders end up being ready and delivered on launch day which is September 16th this year.

There have been threads that track the phones from the factories in China, to the US Customs hold in Anchorage, Alaska along with some commentary and cargo pictures from FedEx pilots.

FoxConn(sp?) is most likely running 24/7 and pumping out as many phones as humanly possible.

The dates we are currently promised are probably based on current inventory and don't take into account phones coming off of the production line and assigned to a preorder. As more and more phones leave the worker's areas and the factory, the promised delivery dates will hopefully start to get closer the the 16th.

So just hold out hope and hope Apple's system has worked as well as it has in the past if you are worried about getting a launch day phone.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Typically Apple tends to under promise and over deliver.

3. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

Unlike Bosh. ;)

4. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

Definitely hoping for that as I'm 10/18-10/31 =(

At this point, I'll even be happy with a 9/26 delivery.

Does anybody remember if expected devilry dates into mid-Oct. ended up getting delivered by launch day?

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

You had to go there didn't you...

6. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

Sorry dude.

I am a Cavs fan living in Dade. But I really hope the Heat get back on track. More fun around here when the local teams do well.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    If you look at around page 160 in this forum, that's where the preorder deliveries and info reside. I am reading some of those right now.

7. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Well you got a lot to be happy about! Heats got a long way to go rebuilding but "in Pat we trust"!

8. davidbow1e macrumors member

davidbow1e

I'm first hand proof guys, saved my confirmation email from last year's 6s, said that it would deliver by 10/7, got it by the 25th on launch day. IF you get an email with shipping info the wednesday before the friday of launch like i did, chances are you'll see it the 16th.

9. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

I am just irritated that the reservation links were not working for the uk.

10. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Don't get your hopes up. I have been through this every year and have NOT seen improvement over original quoted shipping dates by more than a few days.

11. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

What carrier do you use and how have you tried to preorder in the past? That does make a difference also.

12. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

I've got a question: the Apple Store in Germany went live very late (about 9:12 or 9:15). I've ordered the iPhone and it says that it will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. As an example, let's say 2 weeks. It would ship on 23rd of September, which is sad, but ok! BUT WHY does the DELIVERY day is set to 5-11 of October?! It makes no sense at all! If the shipment is guaranteed in 2 weeks, why does the delivery take 12 days?! I've attached a screenshot.. Same thing with the AW2 - shipment in EXACT 2 weeks - delivery on 4th of October?! Did I miss something? Normally it ships in 1-2 days.. Thanks in advance guys

Attached Files:

13. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

I can only imagine this is because the wireless carrier and Apple are on different systems. Apple may have not given your wireless provider exact units they are receiving, but Apple's supply of phones would keep you at the earlier date.

Total speculation, mind you, but the only thing I could come up with.

14. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

because these are ESTIMATES. they can't guarantee specific dates with large orders. Most the time you'll get it sooner than expected but they have to put ranges so people aren't pissed if they get their devices after the estimated end date.

15. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

What he is asking though, is why there are two DIFFERENT date ranges. Of course both are estimates since they don't pinpoint an exact date, but the fact that there are two totally different ranges is disconcerting.

16. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

Ordered at 9:06 am (5 minutes after launch in France, since the Apple Store wasn't opened the minutes before) & still got a 6 to 8 days (128GB 7+ Black matte). But as you said, I hope it'll get there on launch day.

17. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Last year I woke up and ordered at 3:01am EST and the date listed on the website for availability was launch day. I went back to bed and after waking up a couple of hours later, I checked the web page out of curiosity and the dates had not changed. A few hours into the work day around 10:00am the dates started changing to October dates.

Today I again ordered at 3:01am and my email says
    Ships: 6-8 business days
    Delivers: Sep 27 - Sep 29 by Standard Shipping

I know they deliver overnight so I'm hoping I get it on launch day! 7 Plus Black 256

18. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Preorders started at 3am last year, just like this year; dad ordered his about 7 hours after preorders started, and got his on that launch day (9/25) that year.

We see this all the time. Chill, folks :cool:

19. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I remember that as well. I also pre-ordered right at 3AM, and when I checked the next morning they were still shipping by that date. Kicked myself for giving up a good nights rest for nothing.

This time I ordered at 5AM EST and got October 4-10th for a 7+ 128GB black.

20. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

was the 6s 6s+ as big as the 6 and 6+ i do not remember i skipped that version.
    the 2014 launch was a sh*t show also. Same problems with dates and ordering

21. hellopupy macrumors regular

hellopupy

You ordered 2 hours passed the pre-order release and still got 2-3 weeks better than I did? I ordered 20 minutes into the pre-order...

22. pixelements macrumors regular

pixelements

I don't think so... 6-8 days means after the 16th of Sep.. So they are going to ship it on 25 - 27 and you will get it on 27 - 29.

23. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

I had a mid October date on my iPhone 6 Plus a couple years ago. It ended up coming towards the tail end of September. That however was a preorder done through AT&T. (Nightmare experience) If you ordered yours through Apple, I'd be willing to bet you receive even sooner. :)

24. TallManNY macrumors 601

TallManNY

Apple takes in so many orders at once on launch day that it can't really assign your order with a phone at that time. It is only later in the week that it starts to get certainty. So many orders will slide forward.

25. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

I got 6-8 business days for my 32GB matte black 7+. First time I've ever pre-ordered and not gotten a launch day delivery date, and I was in as soon as the Apple Store App would let me (just like every year).

Not going to sweat it though. We'll see what happens.