Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 5 model do you have?

• Black/Slate 16gb

Votes: 108 18.7%
  • Black/Slate 32gb

Votes: 159 27.5%
  • Black/Slate 64gb

Votes: 134 23.2%
  • White/Silver 16gb

Votes: 60 10.4%
  • White/Silver 32gb

Votes: 72 12.5%
  • White/Silver 64gb

Votes: 45 7.8%

• Total voters

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I bought a black 32 GB for myself, and two whites at 16 GB, for my mother and sister.

So I voted for my own, but clearly the numbers are skewed... heh ;)

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
64GB Black. I guess it was even more popular this year than I thought.

That doesn't indicate which is more popular nor a fair way to gauge which is more popular. I ordered them both on the same day.

What do you have two iPhone 5s for?

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
This poll is not going to be accurate for the general population. IMO people who peruse macrumors will be more technologically inclined, and will likely opt for the 64 GB model, whereas the general population will likely purchase the cheapest or mid-range model.

xak

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Poll will be skewed toward Black & Slate because most MacRumorers are male, and skewed toward higher GB capacity because most MacRumorers are necessarily technologically inclined, thus more likely to need more memory for their technological interests such as games, movies, music, etc.

Early results currently support my claim. :cool:

iHawaii

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Poll will be skewed toward Black & Slate because most MacRumorers are male,

Many of those "manly dudes" who only get black phones due to their insecurities of being possibly being identified as more than just a neanderthal jumped ship faster than you can say "scuffgate" and switched to white...and if they didn't, they're right here bitching about their aesthetically flawed phones... which isn't very manly.
:rolleyes:

panerista

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
We all know the most popular is black 16. Cheapest and original. I just prefer white. (1000th post, I'm a self promoting jerk)

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Black/Slate 32GB

I almost went with white this time but I think the black is sleeker looking, plus my previous iPhones were all black as well.

To say that males will be more likely to buy the black models over the white is not true. Of all the males where I work I would say the black/white iphone population is roughly 50/50.

I went with the 32GB because I doubt I will ever need a 64GB, and my previous iPhone (iPhone 4) was a 32GB. The one before that (iPhone 3G), an 8GB

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Black and proud.

[I'm Asian and male]

My 4s was white but I got tired of the color, might go for white 5s next year though if that makes me and everyone happy.

TheDLade

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
Poll will be skewed toward Black & Slate because most MacRumorers are male, and skewed toward higher GB capacity because most MacRumorers are necessarily technologically inclined, thus more likely to need more memory for their technological interests such as games, movies, music, etc.

That's actually not true as most girls I know and even my cousin are going for the black and slate, it looks better than the white one.

The iPhone 5 has a very feminine design so most females are comfortably choosing black over white, it's the most popular model for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.