Most Rape Accusations Are False, Idaho Sheriff Says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Mar 17, 2016.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

real good sheriff here wonder why woman don't want to report rapes well here you have it. waiting on the MRA's to say the guy is right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-consensual-idaho_us_56e96c58e4b065e2e3d7faf6

2. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

but no rape culture don't forget that.

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Because when two people have consensual sex it often occurs that one claims sexual assault, more so than actual assault... :rolleyes: Misogynistic posts in 3-2-1....

4. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Well as long as she lived she did resist enough or a woman who can't speak did not yell so it was OK. I fell and my penis accidentally went into her.

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I guess I'm confused. I thought it was the sheriff's responsibility to do a thorough investigation, and the DA's responsibility to decide whether the preponderance of evidence indicates that charges should be brought. I guess life is a lot simpler if the sheriff gets to be sheriff, DA, judge, and jury all rolled into one.

6. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Even if that statement was true, someone in his position of authority should know better than to say such aloud. Does not inspire confidence in objectivity at all.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

he is living in his own private Idaho................

I seriously doubt women are going to the trouble of getting evidence collected just for ***** & Giggles.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    ...but some might, so it's safer to assume they all are, and make them convince us otherwise.

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'd be interested to see some factual statistics on this.

The problem is, those statistics would be recording how often someone lies. And how do we determine that they didn't lie in whatever survey the data are collected? I don't think there will ever be any way of knowing how many allegations are false, so I don't think we'll ever know for sure whether "most" allegations are false.

10. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

fist we would have to take it seriously for males and females. Do you really think most people would go through this because they want to?

11. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

The desire for sex and the remorse afterwards can lead to the outmost urge of revenge.

Wether thats 10% or 90% is something noone will ever know for sure.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ummm, more like .005% , find out what you have to go though to complete the rape kit AND everything that goes with it, it almost feels like the females get raped again but this time by the cops, I get why things are intrusive, even with all the barriers there are still fake rape accusations out there.

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I say a lot of dumb **** but c'mon he's a LEO he's supposed to have a brain mouth filter

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sheriffs in small town America wield way too much power, often going unchecked.

15. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Most? Like I said, I have no idea what the statistics are. I'm sure someone has made false accusations before, but I don't know how prevalent it is. My point is that we can probably never know for sure, since we're basically asking people "how often do you lie" and then accepting their response as truth.

16. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

there are stories that fall apart but from what I have seen it has not been that many.

17. unlinked macrumors 6502a

I think the figure I have seen for the US is 10% but that is accusations that are made to the police and are provably false so it would be a lower bound.

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

In the USA we have some wingnuts ranting about how more Muslim immigrants would mean we'll have Sharia law here pretty soon. This guy's got a leg up on that already, doesn't he. No need to play the religion card when it comes to misogyny!

19. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Like Sherriff Joe Arpaio who threatens to arrest Obama every 12 months? These small town hicks are Tea Party darlings.

20. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

he is a gun nut for sure. petty dictator all the way.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This part seems to indicate that in the case of unprocessed kits, they already have a confirmed identity. If they aren't going to prosecute the case, how would this change anything? If the state actually wants some option for recourse here, they would require more than processed rape kits.

22. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

well the guy says most rapes are fake and most law enforcement don't like to have them processed because it costs money. I very much doubt the few that were false are the only ones not getting tested or it would not be a problem. with this guys attitude how many real rapes are passed over?

23. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

As terrible as he is, in so many ways... source for being a "gun nut?"

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

For a small moment I thought this was satire coming from HuffPo, because with with this idiot of a sheriff and it being reported by a news station called KDIK, you really can't make that **** up.

However, that small moment ended when I reminded myself that rape is never a joking or satirical matter. Not that I would ever wish this on anyone, it does make me wonder if this idiot of a sheriff would still hold this viewpoint if it were his wife or daughter in the position of the rape victim. I'd guarantee that his stance on this will turn around faster than the girl's head in The Exorcist.

BL.