Most US Jews Open To Palestinian Unity Gov't That Includes Hamas: Poll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

from an article at The Huffington Post

this probably runs against a lot of expectations of what many would think or expect american views would be on this issue;

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I'm a Jew (though not a religious one) but I am proud of the people I descend from. I hope that some peace can come to this part of the world. Fighting has gone on far to long.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

At the risk of sounding sarcastic (I'm not trying to), I admire your optimism. I'm not close to the conflict, but it seems they've been fighting in that part of the world for longer than anyone can remember.

It would be magnificent to see, though, wouldn't it?

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

What would be magnificent to see would be a unified democratic state comprising Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

5. Macky-Mac thread starter macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

yes, it would.........but sadly, it's looking increasingly like a we're headed towards a defacto 3 state reality

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Yeah, but couldn't you say that a 3 state situation would be what so many of those people want, even if they're not saying it in so many words? Or, that it would be futile to try to get them all to get along?

I'm really not trying to be a pessimist, but this has been going on in one form or another for decades, if not centuries. I'm not sure the people represented over there are about to all of a sudden forget about their differences, hold hands, and start humming Kum Ba Yah. I wish we lived in that world, but sadly, I don't think we're there.

7. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

Until the very first election results are public....