Mother gets probation in death of newborn thrown from 8th floor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jul 14, 2017.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

but putting her in jail would not really do much now would it? the whole thing was so screwed up I have seen many teens try to do the same thing after hiding their pregnancies. it can really screw with your head.

4. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

I don't care about her feelings. This was not some 12 year old. This was a 19 year old women who purposely executed her child in a crude manner. She deserves a long prison sentence. No religion or family culture should excuse that in America.

5. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Most teens don't drop their babies out of windows, regardless of the circumstances of their pregnancies.

Unless she is clinically diagnosed to have not been in the right state of mind, she is a murderer. And an especially cruel one.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

With this reasoning we would never put people in jail for crimes.
    Bottom line: She killed a baby. And she's free to have fun tonight with her friends. Anything wrong with the picture?

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Who does she think she is, a white cop who just shot a black guy with his hands up, or running away, or requested and getting out his permit to carry a gun? :oops::rolleyes:

Seriously this was more than a probation crime. :(

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

no but they abandon them and such. just giving birth while hiding it for nine months and such can really screw with your brain.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

she had all the time in the world, say at the very least 5-7 months to figure out what to do from abortion to safely surrendering the child , she chose to murder it...........

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

bull thats silly she was in jail if you remember right. and I very much doubt she is having fun with her friends. I think your way off base here.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2017 ---
    do you know she chose murder? it sounds like it was a panic thing. it did not say she planned on killing her kids for months on end.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

603 days is NOT ENOUGH for murder steve.

1. obviously
    2. again, she had all those months to plan something else ......she could have aborted it or surrendered it.

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

did I say it was? but she did spend time in jail unlike some claim. and yes her circumstances do come into play.

13. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

So my understanding of what happened here is this:

-She chose to be with a boy her parents didn't approve of.
    -She chose to have sex with said boy.
    -She chose not to use any contraception.
    -She chose to hide the resulting pregnancy from all the people in her life that could have helped her.
    -She chose to murder her baby girl.

It sounds to me that all of her trauma was self-inflicted.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yax post does NOT say she did NOT spend time in jail, that is just your interpretation of his post. try reading it again w/o your biased glasses :D

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

humm coming from you when you justify using your faith to do what you want?

16. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

Sorry but there are no circumstances in which dropping a newborn baby from an 8th floor is ok/understandable/forgivable.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I read it just fine. I also read how she is having fun right now too.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yeah, that is exactly like murdering a baby :rolleyes:

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

where did I say it was forgivable? or ok? seems you are reading things that are not there. but it also did to say the planned this out and it was done with forethought.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no, again try reading w/o your biased glasses, he stated she is free to have fun, not that she WAS having fun, that happened before she killed her own child........

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is exactly like using your faith to justify something as long as it is your faith.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

she had MONTHS to think about what to do, she chose the window...........

23. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

You can try to spin it however you want, but all your posts in this thread seem to try to excuse or explain her behavior.

24. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

LOL. Like what steve? How many babies have I murdered because of my faith? You sound foolish in this thread.

Honest question. Would you be knighting so hard for this murderer if she said she was scared of her conservative Christian parents finding out? Or is your grace only reserved for Muslims who kill babies?

25. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you really are clueless about what goes on in others lives. you think everyone will run their lives how you think they should be run. I very much doubt she felt free to make very many choices. people in those types of religious households often feel they have no choices. I am not saying she did not have choices but she may never have even been able to think of them. till you walk in another's shoes.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 14, 2017 ---
    ********. but unless you can understand what she was going through you can't make accurate assessments. all i see here are a witchhunt with no thought involved. I am also seen just the opposite when it should be the other way here.