Mother kills suspect during attempted home invasion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Jun 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Good for her. This is what should happen every single time one of these home invasions is attempted. They'd come to a screeching halt if the scumbag bodies started being stacked up like firewood. Here we have a case of a family saved from possible rape, robbery, death, and injury by judicious use of a firearm. Of course there are plenty of people who would have rather seen this woman raped and murdered than use a firearm to protect her and her family. Good for her! Hope we see a lot more of this. This is the second time in two days that an intruder has been shot. Thankfully, the laws in Indiana are on her side, unlike many people's republics in other parts of the country.

http://wishtv.com/2017/06/07/mother-kills-suspect-during-attempted-home-invasion-on-east-side/

2. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

WTF are you talking about? No gun control advocate wants that. No gun control advocate is against keeping firearms legally for self-defense.

To me, gun control means being able to trace a gun back to the point at which was sold to a criminal in order to hold the seller accountable, and requiring more training and more interaction to get a gun and to keep a gun so that lone wolf terrorists can't easily get them. It's about cutting off supply to the black market and about responsible ownership.

3. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Good for her. And you have no idea what gun control truly entails.

4. jkcerda, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

doesn't really work that way, plenty of times prosecutors let the straw purchasers go
    http://www.guns.com/2017/04/17/straw-purchaser-with-4-felony-gun-charges-will-not-get-jail-time/

http://fox6now.com/2014/04/23/this-...t-led-police-to-track-27-guns-to-womans-home/

27 guns and he gets probation?

so thanks but no thanks.

5. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

6. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thou shall not be a victim, glad she won

8. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Huh? Was this sarcasm?

9. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

No, what about thou shall not kill do you find funny?

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

We need to create new laws, because existing laws are not enforced! I am certain the new laws will be enforced even more!

Hilarious.

How about enforcing existing laws?

11. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

12. ActionableMango, Jun 7, 2017

ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Yes there are many moderate gun control advocates that just want tighter background checks, training rules, or other restrictions while still allowing for private ownership. But you are kidding yourself if you think not a single gun control advocate is against keeping firearms legally for self-defense. I have gun control friends who don't think anyone should own a gun for any reason, not even the police.

Right here in PRSI I've seen someone say that having even just the desire to own a gun is mental illness.

13. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

1) I asked an honest question because I could not tell if you were being sarcastic. Apparently you weren't being sarcastic.

2) Since God's law isn't codified into the Indiana Penal Code many people couldn't care less.

14. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Agreed, the godless couldn't care less about God's law.

15. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

And there we have it. A prime example of someone who would rather see her raped and killed than defend herself.

16. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

The devil is a liar.

17. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

Superstitious platitudes don't cover your real agenda.

18. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

The member with an avatar of the devil is accusing me of having an agenda. ok :D

19. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Because most of them are silly laws.

20. RootBeerMan, Jun 7, 2017

RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

A simple Google search of my image would put the lie to your assertion.

21. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Fair enough, but those folks are as fringe and out of touch with reality as those that think the safest thing ever is if everyone everywhere was always carrying a concealed and loaded gun.

There will be bizarre viewpoints on both side of things. I guess I should have written that no legitimate and reasonable gun control advocate wants to do away with legal gun ownership for self defense.

22. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Curious, what difference does it make to you if she actually did break God's law? I mean she's accountable for it, not you.

Are you saying you know God's mind when it comes to how he would judge her action in that case?

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Not sure if serious but if you are, that's not correct. The correct translation of that commandment is thou shall not murder. Killing in self defense is not murder.

Really? Where did he say he would rather see herself raped?

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

That's really depressing. The second one isn't only a straw purchaser. The buyer isn't merely buying on someone else's behalf. He is doing so with a stolen identity. At the very least they should have placed a tracking collar on that one before releasing it back into the wild.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Hmm.... a candidate for a microchip... not that I want that door opened.

This is a pretty weird thread. I guess my coffee has worn off. Y'all are in luck because I could hammer on some of these posts in here lol. "Thou shalt not kill" never meant to me I should lie down and die when someone is nuts enough to bust into my house while I'm in it. Fighting back is a natural response if one is unable to flee...