Mother Nature Endorses Bernie Sanders

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peace, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Not real news worthy but since I live in Portland I had to post this link.

Sparrow lands on Bernies Lectern during speech showing nature endorses Bernie Sanders.

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

Nah, too random and too similar to normal bird behavior to assume it's an endorsement for anybody much less nature.... Now if the bird took a dump on Donald at a Trump event that would be more telling. :D

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

@TBogg: Bird lands on Bernie's podium and white people lose their **** like it was a message from God -- who they don't believe in, by the way

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I think it's pretty cool, even if the trip to Bernie's podium was just the freely willed plan of that sparrow's brain.

After all, hard to imagine a sparrow showing up on the podium of a Cruz or Trump. Might get smacked down.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

7. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

For all you right wing christian types there's nothing wrong with giving out a free lunch.

Matthew 6:25

For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?…

8. FieldingMellish Suspended

A bird flew around our local mall while in the food court. My lunch was blessed.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I hope you mean that in some sort of spiritual sense... The sparrows and finches get so rotund from hanging out in the shrubs of plazas in NYC near food carts that you wonder they can still take off after lunch... all those delicious bits of hot dog buns and falafel scraps.

Wonder how many people turned up at that rally. Bernie has been hiring some huge halls lately.

10. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Better then a burning bush only one saw.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

A bird landed near him? What did Sander say about it that caused the crowd to roar? I couldn't understand it.

12. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

Well in the video the people around him point out the sparrow. He looks at it and says " Well this bird doesn't know it but"

At that very second the bird jumps up and sits on the edge of his lectern so Bernie throws up his arms like (sic) "well I guess he does know"

13. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

No "Feel the bird" or "Feed the bird" jokes yet?

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He segued into how the sparrow was symbolic of the Dove of Peace.

15. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

It was a very Portlandish moment. Portland likes birds.

16. Robisan macrumors 6502

OTOH, Father Time is taking his toll on Bernie...

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Okay, America adopts these policies.

What happens if:

1. the rest of the world doesn't
    2. the rest of the world pays only lip service to it
    3. their economies become dirtier, as does the planet because pollution, said to cause global warming, isn't going to respect borders any more than the radiation from the nuke plant decided not to wander outside of Japan's borders :facepalm:
    4. The US economy, segregated from "the global economy" whenever the news blows a certain direction (usually for bad news, when it's good news then we're one big happy global bradybunch family once again), crumbles because of "too much regulations" and because #s 1 and 2 are blatantly ignored because economics is a less dirty way to wage a war than military and shiny weapons...

Although it should be simple and on a global level, and all this barely scratches the surface, is anything but simple. We are seeing steps taken toward better change, depending on the news articles in question, so point #4 in particular is hyperbole, as are points 1 and 2. So the world does care, it's just unsure as to how, how quickly, how beneficial, and any other question beginning with the first four characters "H", "o", "w", and " "...
    --- Post Merged, Mar 26, 2016 ---
    He can just get a replacement heart as easily as Cheney got one. Cheney certainly didn't mind affordable, quality, socialized health care...

18. Robisan macrumors 6502

Still surprised Cheney's replacement heart didn't reject the body.

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

If a bird landing on the podium is nature's approval of Sanders, what does a house fly landing on Obama mean?

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So that's Portlandia, huh? It's like a not twisted, less awkward Tim and Eric.

21. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

22. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Literally, yes.

23. chown33 macrumors 604

24. Populism, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

For all you left wing needlessly-injecting-and-trolling christian types