Mother of newborn baby found in trash arrested

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 27, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/baby-left-trash-fighting-life-203938196.html
    WHY do we still have this in this day & age?

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

As someone who has experienced child loss, don't get me started on this one. Attempted murder is only fitting here. I only hope that the child survived, because he/she doesn't deserve that.

Why? stigma, and still wanting to live the party rock life. Not wanting to accept responsibility for the consequences of their actions. I could go on and on and on about this one.

I could say more about the "mother" in this, but it would skip time out and go straight to banned. I hope that the child does go to parents who would love them as they truly can.

BL.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

23 years old AND

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

True.

But I don't know if you want to call it poetic justice, or just the fact that nobody wins..

This was yesterday. Post-partum depression hasn't set in yet. When it does, she'll want to be by that child every moment she gets.. and she can't. The mother will want to be with the child, the child will need the mother, and it won't happen in a jail cell.

nobody wins. :(

BL.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

try post 3. the woman in question happened to be 23.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Even if it is technically legal there is a lot done to shame women who think about getting an abortion, and given it is Utah there is a good chance that she was from a more conservative family that would have taught her that abortion was wrong and life is sacred up until the point it is born.

8. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

abortion is irrelevant, she had the opportunity to take the baby to a safe place with no questions asked.

9. Happybunny macrumors 68000

There should bee a special part of hell for people do acts like this.:(

10. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

A: Getting an abortion is not hard in utah.

B: She had the option to take her baby to a safe place, no questions asked, but preferred murder.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. She should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

12. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

She was living with her parents, wasn't she?

As usual, we don't know anything other than a brief sound bite. It would be good to have more info.

Who was the father? Perhaps a relative? Was she raped? Did her parents forbid her the use of contraceptives? There are a million questions that need to be answered. Infanticide will always be with us. We can only hope to minimize it by focusing on the reasons why it happens.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Only one question for me, did she drop a newborn in a garbage can to die? If yes, proceed to jail for 10-20 years.

14. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Are you suggesting there is any acceptable reason for a person to put a newborn child in a dumpster?

What difference would those million questions make when she could've left the baby no questions asked at the hospital? What gave her the right to put a baby in a dumpster?

15. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Perhaps she didn't know you could leave you kid at a hospital no questions asked? My gut feeling is you can attribute this act to simple ignorance and fear for the repercussions. It doesn't make the act right but it does go some way to explaining it.